Got wrecked :(( - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2019, 1:10 pm

Oh shite!! 680 is a royal PITA. Shitty road quality with even shittier drivers. CA seems to have more issues with folks from other states who come here and are oblivious to lane splitting bike rules. I had a similar experience on 280 with my GS. The right car decided to move to the left lane while I was right up near his driver's window and in his field of vision. Took a solid whack on the ribs with his mirror (luckily my gear had thorax armor) and my crash guards took the brunt of the impact with his front right wing. Luckily the cager on the left most lane saw it happening and slowed down and I was able to avoid going down.

I hope insurance takes care of you. And I echo what the others said..do please get a thorough back and neck check up done. It's a miracle you got away with the little soreness and the gear seems to have done it's job.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2019, 5:16 am

Garage
Man Ive been there. Not a happy moment but be glad youre walking away. Bikes can be fixed and replaced.

2007 Sport 1000s
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2019, 6:22 am

Good to see you're ok! crashing bikes sucks! be thankful you walked away mate, the rest can be fixed or replaced.

The bike looks like a write off, which means it will become the insurance companies property so you should see if whoever has it will let you replace your bling for std because you won't get it once it's signed over to them.

If you're sore, see a doctor, get a referral if needed and follow through with it, not sure on the law there so you should educate yourself but it's likely you only have small window of time to notify them of a claim for an injury, so know what it is and if you feel you will need ongoing treatment or if you find you're injured, engage a lawyer (get a referral from other riders, not the ambulance chasers that advertise on TV) and get that sorted.

Keep a diary, write down every communication, every appointment and every comment told to you by name and time, a diary is considered a legal document in court so keep it up to date, you may need it's contents if things turn sour for any reason.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 3:30 pm

Garage
I gor rear ended sitting at a traffic light on my Harley. Bastard drove off and left me laying there. Bike was totaled. I bought it back. Paid off my Hyper , bought a Monster 1200R and fixed the Harley. Been riding it for 2 years now.

Glad you are OK. I was bruised as hell but walked away.

"And like the snows of yesteryear...gone from the earth"
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2019, 2:02 pm
DGJ

glad you're OK. Same thing almost happened to me on the far right on the FWY so I had the emergency lane to get into. But I though I was going to murder the guy.

with regards to insurance and who's at fault, since your bike collided with his car when he cut you off, it's clearly his fault. Had you tried to avoid hitting him and crashed on your own, then there would be an argument against his culpability. So in a way, even though it's scarier, it's better from an insurance POV if your bike actually hits the other vehicle that's causing the accident.

I crashed my SC twice, albeit a few years ago (2008 and 2010), and both times I had the shop fix the streering stoppers before the assessment to make sure the insurance company wouldn't declare it totaled due to bent frame, as it had happened to other forum members. it worked both times. They handed me a $8K check each time and I rebuilt the bike with better aftermarket parts.

Seems you got some nice goodies on there and it would a shame to let the insurance take that away. You should level with your adjuster and explain to him the cost of your parts etc and why you want to rebuild the bike. Sometimes the adjusters get it and they're cool.

Good luck!

[*]'07 Ducati Sport Classic Sport1000 Biposto, Black [*]'05 Ducati 999s, Black (sold)[*]'18 KTM 1290 SuperAdventure S, Black[*]'14 KTM 1190 RC8R, White/Orange/Black
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Provide every receipt for every aftermarket piece you have, you'll get that back when they total it. Don't settle unless you're made whole...

2006 749R Track Weapon, 2014 Multi PP, 2006 Monster S4R FE, 2014 BMW s1000r
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2019, 11:56 pm

Garage
Sorry to see/hear about your accident. Glad you are OK! Bummer but she can be replaced...

2009 Ducati Sport 1000; 2018 Ducati 959 Panigale
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2019, 9:44 am

Glad you made it out pretty much unscathed, sorry about the Classic! Can be replaced; but not your life! Stay safe out there guys!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2019, 12:07 pm Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I'm doing much better now but still some way for recovery. Insurance company has totaled it and cut me a check for it. However, since the bike was on lien I was not able to do a buy back

I have submitted all the receipts that I had for the parts on the bike but from my understanding that will take some time as the salvage process needs to be complete first and then they will submit it to the other insurance company to pay. I was really hoping it would be a faster process :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode