Fatduc with Marving slip ons - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2019, 12:58 pm Thread Starter

Fatduc with Marving slip ons

Fellas, been running on stock exhaust GT1000 touring and now it's time to put some slip ons and reflash the ECU with DP map. My question is do I still need or have a use for the fatduc O2 manipulator?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2019, 5:44 pm

If you're going to have the ECU re-flashed, make sure it's the correct map for your GT. It's now considered an "older" bike, and options/prices should be sorted out before you pull the trigger on new slip-ons. Note that air temperature sensors were different on the '06 bikes and a re-flash for the wrong sensor will mess up your fueling. Do NOT assume your vendor knows all the details of your bike, it's up to you to make sure they can and will give you want you need.

To answer your question, the Termi full kit with DP ECU eliminated the O2 sensor with a plug; thus negating any need to manipulate the O2 signal. Your fatduc will become an artifact in the garage.

Hi, my name is Jeff, and I'm a Ducatiholic.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2019, 9:10 pm Thread Starter

Good stuff, thank you

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 5:39 pm

Also, FWIW, most vendors seem to want around $500 to flash an ECU currently- at least that's what I found when I was doing some shopping recently.

You might be better off watching ebay or the classifieds for a genuine DP ECU, you'll probably pay about the same money. Again, you'll need the correct part number for your model & year.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderjeff View Post
Also, FWIW, most vendors seem to want around $500 to flash an ECU currently- at least that's what I found when I was doing some shopping recently.
When I reflashed my ECU after putting on Termi's, it cost $200.

I saw this on ebay the other day. Don't know anything about the seller, just saved it in case I needed a reflash on my Paul Smart. It has the Termi 2 into 2 on the right side and I just purchased the Termi 2 into 1 system.

To the OP, you might want to reset your tps when you do a reflash. I had to take mine back in after exhaust swap and reflash. The bike ran pretty rough and this was the fix.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-ECU-...r/113719598654

Ducati Re-flash Service for stock ECU

Can:

Re flash without immobilizer.

For Race Track setups

Run the bike without cluster and without keys.

Convert to a keyless switch

Oxygen sensor tuning

TPS and service interval reset.

Custom or original Termignoni full exhaust system and slip on maps available to choose from.

Rev limiter increase.

Can customize any other request before shipping

Hit the buy it now and we will discus your bike setup, I will then provide you with my address to ship to. Once I receive the ECU I will reflash based on the specifications discussed. It will then be shipped back free the same day.

Compatible with any SportClassic.

Key recovery and duplication available if you lost some, your red key or all your keys

Shipped priority 3 day most states

Can be used on:

Sport1000, Sport1000s, Sportclassic biposto, Sport Classic LE, GT1000 and Paul Smart 1000

Plug and play guarantee to work, fully tested.

I can also reflash the ecu off:

848 1098 1198 hypermotard 1100 Streetfighter

Multistrada 999 monster 1000 s2r s4rs st3 etc

Only bikes with 5AM ECU

Happy to answer all questions fast response!

Guaranteed to work
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 9:19 am

👍

Thanks Moro, thatís a great link. I was talking with Ducati AMS and Motocorsa. I have a spare ECU and for the money I may try this just for fun, my DP ECU seems like it runs a little rich overall with my custom 2-into-1 exhaust system.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 7:06 pm
Mexican Ducatista

Garage
Quote:
make sure it's the correct map for your GT. It's now considered an "older" bike, and options/prices should be sorted out before you pull the trigger on new slip-ons. Note that air temperature sensors were different on the '06 bikes and a re-flash for the wrong sensor will mess up your fueling. Do NOT assume your vendor knows all the details of your bike, it's up to you to make sure they can and will give you want you need.
Right!
I had a Paul Smart DP ECU installed on my 2010 GT1000 and it had fueling problems when riding on the mountains due to altitude variations. The reason: The 2006 Paul Smart and the 2010 GT1000 have different air sensors. The problem was solved when I installed the 96518407B DP ECU which is the specific part number for the GT1000 .

Quote:

You might be better off watching ebay or the classifieds for a genuine DP ECU, you'll probably pay about the same money. Again, you'll need the correct part number for your model & year.
I bought mine on ebay from this UK seller who shipped to Mexico:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/garageboots...1&_ipg=&_from=

Quote:
my DP ECU seems like it runs a little rich overall with my custom 2-into-1 exhaust system.
If you have the DP ECU you can fine tune the mix (richer or leaner) for your specific bike through JPDiag (Freeware). I do it using the same cable I use to reset the TPS (very cheap on ebay. Similar to this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KKL-OBD2-US...gAAOSwighZfbSE).
You don't need to upload maps or anything like that. Just play around with CO trimmer values and test with the bike running. The best gas/air mix for your bike will make the engine run at its highest possible idle RPMs.

Jorge
Hypermotard 1100S Click here; GT1000 Click here; Classic Taldea Desmodue 1000 Build Project In Progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in