Crashed my 2006 sport classic 1700 miles - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2015, 11:16 pm Thread Starter

Crashed my 2006 sport classic 1700 miles

Hey guys I need help just got out hospital havent seen my baby question will ins (state farm) cover it and where do i get oem parts.

Please Helppppppp my baby

Last edited by rx7cblink; Nov 10th, 2015 at 6:55 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2015, 12:19 am
Prolific Poster Award

Sorry to hear about this.
How badly is the Bike damaged?
See what the insurance is going to do. They may total it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7cblink View Post
Hey guys I need help just got out hospital havent seen my baby question will ins a(state farm) cover and where do i get oem parts.

Please Helppppppp my baby
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2015, 5:39 am

Sorry to hear about your crash
Don't worry about the bike it will get fixed or you will get another one, the important thing is you are here and healing
ncgt1000 likes this.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2015, 1:30 pm Thread Starter

Hey wats up bike doesnt look bad just dropped it off at Ducati dealer near me, waiting on estimate from them. From what i saw major. Tach n speedo+ brackets, headlight assembly n bracket. clutch line. right clip on brake lever and throttle rubber, marred left fork n lower triple tree, key was bent and would not turn to hear it run. Looks like lock portion that goes into triple tree is broken n the black surround of key is damaged. Both mirrors shot, Exhaust scratched pretty bad n clutch cover. All electrical plugs are ok basically the deer ripped front end and the it went down on right side.....

Last edited by rx7cblink; Nov 10th, 2015 at 1:37 pm.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2015, 1:34 pm Thread Starter

thanks J scooter. it took me 5 years to find that bike near me with 1200 original miles from orig owner. man i am so pissed. Yea i had compound left arm fracture, knee rash and broken foot and toes. Deer's antlers missed my neck n didn't puncture any vitals on me he was 300 lb. wish i could post pics of it.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2015, 4:20 pm

Quote:
thanks J scooter. it took me 5 years to find that bike near me with 1200 original miles from orig owner. man i am so pissed. Yea i had compound left arm fracture, knee rash and broken foot and toes. Deer's antlers missed my neck n didn't puncture any vitals on me he was 300 lb. wish i could post pics of it.
Wow!!!! 300 pound deer.... you are lucky to come out of it relatively unscathed.
Glad you are better, sounds like the damage isn't too bad. I am sure the dealer will be able to get you sorted, but while you are changing parts anyway, why not talk to JC and get some bling for your baby.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2015, 5:10 pm
Mexican Ducatista

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.scooter View Post
Wow!!!! 300 pound deer.... you are lucky to come out of it relatively unscathed.
I agree about the luck! Hope you get well soon!

The original SC speedo/tacho is going to be really difficult to find. If you can't get the same one your bike had ask the dealer if a Brand New 40610335A will work. I have one with Km speed scale stored.

Jorge
Hypermotard 1100S Click here; GT1000 Click here; Classic Taldea Desmodue 1000 Build Project In Progress
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2015, 6:26 pm
Prolific Poster Award

If the Fork Stops are bent or cracked they will total the bike as it is considered Frame damage and requires a new Frame

From what you are describing, there is a chance that there is frame neck damage

1st things 1st
If the bike is not totaled and deemed salvage
Then you can start looking in to what to replace with OEM and what to upgrade

Hope you come out of this on the positive

Quote:
Hey wats up bike doesnt look bad just dropped it off at Ducati dealer near me, waiting on estimate from them. From what i saw major. Tach n speedo+ brackets, headlight assembly n bracket. clutch line. right clip on brake lever and throttle rubber, marred left fork n lower triple tree, key was bent and would not turn to hear it run. Looks like lock portion that goes into triple tree is broken n the black surround of key is damaged. Both mirrors shot, Exhaust scratched pretty bad n clutch cover. All electrical plugs are ok basically the deer ripped front end and the it went down on right side.....
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2015, 6:36 pm Thread Starter

lol cool i do want upgrades but got to see what dealer and Ins say. Also wanted to hear some feedback as to the fact i love this bike and say they total it, would it be worth to put back together or just walk away i recently got it so i paid high market in today's prices. I am seeing first hand how hard it is to find parts. Any ideas where are there oem parts for a 9-10 year old bike.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2015, 6:38 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPakBikes View Post
If the Fork Stops are bent or cracked they will total the bike as it is considered Frame damage and requires a new Frame

From what you are describing, there is a chance that there is frame neck damage

1st things 1st
If the bike is not totaled and deemed salvage
Then you can start looking in to what to replace with OEM and what to upgrade

Hope you come out of this on the positive
wowwwwww you mean the lower triple tree. Do you think its worth saving n ridding with that damage there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode