Summary of Sport Classic Suspension and Damper posts - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 6:50 am

I have the oportunity to buy ST4 fork you see below. It is stated to come from a ST4 with 996 engine. He said it was abjustable and coated. Asked for a product number or some identification and he said it read 2A15. This number could be anything though.

Would this be the ST4s fork? Sorry if question seems a bit odd. Just want to make sure I'm buying the right item.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 7:10 am

TiN coating makes it it looks like a set from an ST4S. I used this chart for reference. Ducati Fork Dimensions
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 7:31 am

It really seems like it's from the ST4s.

I see the mounting brackets for mudguard are gone though. Will I be able to take these from my Sport Classic fork and put on this one?

Would check on my own bike if i could, but I'm currently 70 miles from it.

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 7:43 am

Shouldn't be a problem to reuse the fender clips
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2013, 8:38 am

This is a really noob question about sport classic.. i don't have sport classic bike.. but i want to know eye to eye distance between right and left fork of sport classic.. i just just bought a used ohlins fork that have 50mm upper diameter and 56mm lower diameter..
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2013, 11:39 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-ori View Post
This is a really noob question about sport classic.. i don't have sport classic bike.. but i want to know eye to eye distance between right and left fork of sport classic.. i just just bought a used ohlins fork that have 50mm upper diameter and 56mm lower diameter..
Don't have the measurements offhand but that spacing has no effect as to whether the forks will fit. The stock SC uses a 50mm top and 54mm bottom. That means new triple clamps or boring out the bottom clamp to 56mm (much simpler). Other issues are the length of the forks and what the fork bottoms are for axle size and mounting of calipers/fender.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 2013, 8:22 pm

hole for axle right fork 25mm and left one is 30mm is this the same on ducatis axle? i'm planning on making custom triple tree cnc.. for measurement i need +/- eye to eye between left and right fork..
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 2014, 12:54 am

53 mm top tree for Showa ???

I purchased par of fully adjustable Showa forks for my GT. Forks look great but they are wrong size . They are 53 mm at the top. I know, I know, I should have done my homework, ... but they are almost brand new and I got them cheap !!

What are the options ??

1. Get top triple tree with 53mm ?? Any suggestions for aftermarket replacement off the Ebay ? Speedymoto has one for Monster with bar risers for $350. Still need to check if fits.

2. Bore existing upper triple tree form 50 to 53 mm. Is this safe ? It does sound crazy.

3. Put them back on Ebay... but they look soooo nice.

07 GT1000
Givi Flyscreen/Parabelum Windshield
Termignoni Slip-On
Speedymoto Frame Sliders
14/41T Sprocket
Vapor Canister Fall Off
Marchesini 5 spoke wheels w/4 pot Brembo
Rizoma Mirrors
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 2014, 10:04 am

Sounds like you have superbike forks which will have 53mm diameter top & bottom, so your stock bottom clamp will be too large. Check the fork length, superbike forks are usually longer, there is chance they will foul against the bottom of your handlebars. Also check the caliper mounts, they might space out the calipers (had to mill mounting face of my 4p caliper for my 50/54 forks, but with 53/53 forks the calipers are unmodified).

1. I'm now running the Motowheels CD triple clamps but they (and most others) are 30mm offset which pushes the forks a bit further forward. Handling effects aside, this also will negate your fork lock if you care.

2. Previously I ran with the a set of stock triples with the top bored out to 53mm and the bottom shimmed (1mm machined spacer) without any problems.

3. Might be the simplest solution. However superbike forks are suppose to have better internals and for me going from 50/54 adjustable showas to the 53/53 showas was worth it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego View Post
I purchased par of fully adjustable Showa forks for my GT. Forks look great but they are wrong size . They are 53 mm at the top. I know, I know, I should have done my homework, ... but they are almost brand new and I got them cheap !!

What are the options ??

1. Get top triple tree with 53mm ?? Any suggestions for aftermarket replacement off the Ebay ? Speedymoto has one for Monster with bar risers for $350. Still need to check if fits.

2. Bore existing upper triple tree form 50 to 53 mm. Is this safe ? It does sound crazy.

3. Put them back on Ebay... but they look soooo nice.
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2018, 2:32 pm
Prolific Poster Award

Upgrades and surface treatmenets
Before and after Marzocchi forks

TiN Inner sliders, Gold Uppers
Black Ano lowers. Andreani inserts

Polished to a gloss Uppers with Ohlins cartridges. Before and After

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode