Request for aid: SC1000 riders with 5AM ECU and custom maps (or DucatiDiag) - Page 3 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 5:28 pm

I can writting here! The problem Was finished.
Is possible that the dash wrote some code in the ecu IF you start with red key, but IF not sure.
I try to compare your Dp file with mine and have a lot Of diferences because ddg and bin files aré not the same.

You make a good Job!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 9:35 pm Thread Starter

DDG files are just encrypted .BIN files. Literally... something really heavy-duty. For fun I threw a DDG in a bin bucket and the file is PERFECTLY random. You only get entropy like that if something is encrypted with military-grade crypto. There is no point even attempting to use them.

Why is that necessary on an ECU file?!? Encrypted/random means you cannot tell if it is corrupted. I would NEVER use DDG file format and would recommend NOBODY else does.
Use .BIN, GuzziDiag Reader, and make .par3 parity file (forward erasure code/FEC) to ensure there is no corruption and can repair EXISTING corruption. (People messing with ECU map also counts as "corruption".)

It is not realistically possible to read DDG's normally. Even if someone did manage to do it, they could change 1 number and it wouldn't work anymore. There are maybe three people in the world who can convert the files.

So just use the second method, write to ECU and read back using GuzziDiag. It's 5AM only, and a little dangerous flashing ECU repeatedly, but it is the more "Free Speech" friendly way of doing it. XDF = open-source, free, used in cars, and can fix problems yourself.
Speaking of that, here are the corrected XDF's made after speaking with Pauldaytona. I'll post my custom hybrid map shortly.

TESTED AND WORKING:
  • Immobilizer
  • Lambda
  • Idle trim
  • Speedo correction (# of encoder ticks/rev)
    [e.g.: stock = 125 ticks/1 rev]
    If speedo says 66mph DISPLAYED but you are going 60mph TRUE, is DISPLAYED / ACTUAL = 66 / 60 = 1.1.
    Multiply (# of encoder ticks) * 1.1 = NEW value. [125 * 1.1 = 137.5 => 138] (round up)
    Encoder now does 138 ticks / 1 rev, speedometer slows down 10%.

Last edited by Impulsive_Duc; Jun 22nd, 2014 at 10:20 pm.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 6:18 am

Two more .bin for testing, as I promised

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: txt ECU_96517006B_DP_PaulSmart.bin.txt (320.0 KB, 201 views)
File Type: txt ECU_96518407B_749s_with_SPORT_1000s_map.bin.txt (320.0 KB, 151 views)
File Type: txt IAW5xReader_ECU_749s_with_SPORT_1000s_map_log.txt (975 Bytes, 160 views)
File Type: txt IAW5xReader_ECU_96517006B_DP_PaulSmart_log.txt (773 Bytes, 171 views)

Sport Classic 1000s Hailwood replica ...%
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport...-hailwood.html

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:26 am Thread Starter

Thank you for the maps! I can always use more.

I've finally done what I wanted: create a composite map of the DP ECUs that is appropriate for the stock bike, but should fix the low-end problems. I used a cubic spline to interpolate the TPS, RPM, temperature, and air sensor breakpoints across ECUs. (Each uses different x,y points.) Attached is a (Macro) spreadsheet that will allow you to merge maps without resorting to the interp2 function in Matlab.

You can adjust (from 0-1) the "target" map to match either of the 2 "donor" maps. Three points on a triangle, or anywhere in-between.
In my case, I used the Biposto DP ECU with a delta-weighting of 30% for fuel, 80% for ignition, and 0% for air sensor (since it uses a different unit) -- and the Paul Smart DP ECU with a weighting of 0% for delta-ignition (since it doesn't have it!) and 10% for everything else.

The resulting map is still within 15% of baseline and should be OK on my stock bike. Essentially, I "normalized" the DP maps to the Stock bike's kit.

Need to test it to see if it safe first. The numbers all lie between the 3 maps, so nothing bad will likely happen, but I will report back later.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ImpulsiveDuc_ECU_Merging_Spreadsheet.zip (933.5 KB, 107 views)
File Type: zip 96517006B-YID - SC1000SE DP ECU with Hybrid-Stock-Termi map.zip (145.0 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by Impulsive_Duc; Jun 24th, 2014 at 7:18 am.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2014, 1:26 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvigueras View Post
Thanks Impulsive_Duc for your feedback.

- Another a 749 DP ECU 96518407B remaped for sport biposto, but not sure of the map, it is not working well enough, even elevating the CO to 6.
CO+ makes bike richer, CO- makes bike leaner. I think you were changing it in the wrong direction.

Attached is a Hybrid-Stock map for the SportClassic 1000S BIPOSTO series of bikes. It's quite a bit more aggressive, running 36% BipostoDP (base ECU) / 16% MonoDP / 48% stock. Series 96518407B-BID. It should fix the problems you are having with your Stock 1000S with (inappropriate for stock exhaust/airbox) DP ECU.

This map MIGHT be OK on stock exhaust, but I am guessing you have some aftermarket set.

Remember: MONOPOSTO firmware for MONOPOSTO,
BIPOSTO firmwares for BIPOSTO. Air sensors are different.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 96518407B-BID - SC1000S BIPOSTO DP ECU Hybrid map.zip (109.0 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by Impulsive_Duc; Jun 25th, 2014 at 1:34 pm.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2014, 2:12 pm

I have tried the map and works perfectly

Well done!!

Sport Classic 1000s Hailwood replica ...%
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport...-hailwood.html

post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2014, 10:39 pm Thread Starter

No problem.

I've been "butt testing" my Mono map (current revision: series-ZID) and my initial assessment is positive. I feel like I've pressed the "Sport" button on my SportClassic.
  • Throttle roll-off much improved
    Stock: the RPM would drop very quickly if the throttle was released (to change gears). I got used to Blipping the throttle when shifting gears to rev match.
    Series-ZID: The throttle roll-off (engine braking) is much more gradual. I can depress the clutch, close the throttle, and shift without having to rev match... it's usually in the right spot as I let go of the clutch normally.
  • Better performance at midrange
    Stock: the engine would struggle under 5k RPM to accelerate, as the engine would Burble at low pitch as if starved for air.
    Series-ZID: It GROWLS
  • Easier to start and maintain idle
    This could be due to deleting the Lambda sensor. However, I've noticed sometimes when coming to a stop idle stays at ~2000rpm, unless I let out the clutch a little then hold it again... then the RPM drops and stays at 1.3lk. I need to address this "bug" somehow.
  • Much less (or no) backfiring/popping on deacceleration near 4.5k RPM
    I can hear the very slight inklings of a pop at 3k, but it doesn't happen to the extent of the stock map.
  • Fuel economy slightly worse
    This is to be expected with a 10% richer map.

If anyone has Virginized their ECU themselves with software, please PM me.
I may have borked something during my testing to bring you these maps... could use some help. (Maps are safe, this was operator error.)
vhsin964 likes this.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2014, 3:53 am

Hi lads,

could someone please assist me with the Guzzi Diag reader?
The bike is an ST4s 05 MY, with a 5AM ECU and standard map.
I would like to extract the OEM map and transfer it to another 5AM ECU that I have from an S4RS bike. And then I will try to fiddle with it.
The problem is that I cannot make the Guzzi reader work, despite the fact that the GuzziDiag is working fine.
When I try to connect it, it does so for 2-3 seconds and then disconnects.

Any ideas or suggestions most welcomed.

Stelios

ST4s 2006
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 4:51 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsive_Duc View Post
How to: DucatiDiag (JohnEE at DMF)
How to verify cables BEFORE you fry your ECU, test it to make sure it works. READ FIRST.

GuzziDiag HowTo - A tutorial for beginners (beetle at WildGuzzi)
How to use the GuzziDiag software
So, I'm getting a lot of PMs asking for help with GuzziDiag software. I can't help much with that. I didn't write it. There are numerous good "Tutorials" out there covering that subject already.
I haven't been able to even test on my own bike yet. I'd rather devote my time to working on the XDF/BIN problem.
Try running the program as administrator, if you have a FTDI cable make sure latency is set correctly, uninstall existing driver (delete it too) and reinstall (correct driver from GuzziDiag site) before plugging in the cable.

Device Manager Properties (Page 1)
Device Manager Properties (Page 2)

Still looking for anyone that has virginized their ECU, or knows how to put it into "Recovery Mode".
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 6:18 am

Impulsive Duck
thanks for your suggestions. I do not have an FDTI chipset , but I will follow your idea on running the Reader as administrator. I also changed a parameter in the security section of the Reader's properties and I will try it later in the afternoon.

I will let you know when I will have more news

ST4s 2006
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode