Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Gnu-Bee

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  ducremus 
#1 ·
Hi all! I've been lurking and learning on this site for a few months now, all in anticipation of buying a Sport1000. I signed the paperwork today, and I'm picking it up tomorrow, and I am psyched! Great site, great info on exhaust choices for the bike, and all in all a great place to hang with other Duc riders. :D I'll post some pics as soon as I put some mods on it to make it look like something not from an ad.

BTW, anyone other than ZARD and Termi making pipes for these yet?

#2 ·
Welcome!

You neglected to mention whether you chose the correct color, or went with red or black.:) You picked a good place to hang out for info, which is what I did for what seemed like forever between deciding on the bike, putting down a deposit, and finally getting it.

I haven't heard anything definate about other exhausts, but Staintune is supposed to have a PS in their facility right now.

Kick up yer feet and stay awhile.

#3 ·
Thanks Reducs! Think I will.

Yeah, I didn't want to appear to be too cheeky for my first post, but I DID get the fast, school bus color. :D Never thought I'd like an orange/yellow bike, but from the moment I saw her ("her" just seems better than "it"), I had to have her (DOH! That sounds strange. :eek: You know what I mean!).

#4 ·
ducremus said:
BTW, anyone other than ZARD and Termi making pipes for these yet?
Welcome! You're going to love your new bike.

I've got the Termi's but there are several other choices. Like Reducs said, Staintune is supposed to be making one.

I'm pretty satisfied with my 2-into-2 Termi's. I left the baffles in and the sound suits me fine. I also like the look of the 2-into-1 Termi's.

You've got a lot of choices. Have fun.

#5 ·
Good for you, If you are patient, there will be many pipes to choose from. I love the Termi full 2 into 1 system.

I wonder how much the "race" ecu does for the way the bike runs with those pipes? My SS1000 has stock ecu and slip ons and open air box mod with KN type reusable high flow filter. Moto One has done a lot of dyno runs with this set up and they concluded that there wasn;t much to be had by pissing money for a different ecu.

My PS1000 with full pipes/ecu/air box lid runs smoother through the 3000 - 4500 rpm range than my Ss1000DS

All that said, I would look into Factory Ducati full kit and be done with it. Otherwise you may be chasing tuning issues. I could not ask for a better totally integrated system than the DP Termi 2/1.

#7 ·
Forgot to mention that I've got the 2-into-2 Termi with the baffles out. The only time I don't like it is coming home from work at 11:15pm! I coast as much as possible through the neighborhood, but I'm still aware of what my neighbors might refer to as 'noise'. Other than that, I love 'em.

I just rolled over 600 miles, so it's going in next week for service and dyno time. If I learn anything worth passing along, you'll hear it here first!

#8 ·
Just brought her home!

:D There's that smile again! I just put on about 40 miles on the ride home: the roads are wet and sandy, but I like her just fine! Very nimble, a bit too quiet in stock trim for my tastes, but the seating position is just fine! Tires were OK in the wet, brakes were firm, ride was softer than other Ducs I've owned right out of the box, and I really like the guages. Gearing seems high, but that's an easy fix. Definitely going to get the Clay Composites fender/chainguard and maybe the new seat.

ReDucs: you have a two into two Termi? Is that a full system or just the slip-ons?

#13 ·
And another thing...

after years of riding "modern" sportbikes, it is SO nice to have a bike that has mirrors that are actually usable! :eek: And I really like the way they flip around for many different viewing positions. Nice touch-someone put a lot of thought into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.