Scorpio rLink Alarm system - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2012, 12:22 pm Thread Starter
DGJ

Scorpio rLink Alarm system

Some of you know, I'm relocating to London and so theft will now be a concern. So I bought a scorpio rLiNK SR-i1100SE alarm system.

for $500 it has nice features:
-GPS/GPRS tracking with online map.
-smartphone interface for arming/disarming, SMS and e-mail notification, and tracking.
-proximity and motion sensor.
and the usual other stuff such as super loud siren and key fob.

I also got the $20 dedicated connector kit which, from the looks of it, started to pay off just by glancing at the other option: splicing wires... (YUK!)

So out of the box, it looks fairly straight forward and simple to connect and operate, but the bigger issue is space and where to put it... There are quite a few components and wires to this system.

Under the seat is of course the only option, but the sport doesn't have much room as it is... I have already started to identify some options that will require a bit of work to "make room" for it, but I was wondering....

...Has anyone installed this alarm, and if so, can you share your installation with pictures?

I'm going to take a crack at it this weekend and will post on the struggle.

[*]'07 Ducati Sport Classic Sport1000 Biposto, Black [*]'05 Ducati 999s, Black (sold)[*]'18 KTM 1290 SuperAdventure S, Black[*]'14 KTM 1190 RC8R, White/Orange/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2012, 1:32 pm

I have it installed on my GT, no pics though. It's pretty straight forward, shouldnt take you more that five minutes and worth the piece of mind.

I'm not actually a dr.
-----------------------
2008 Gray GT1000: Termignoni System/Storz Damper/Watsen Signals/ dp tail chop/14t sprocket/rizoma reservoirs, conical bar, risers/comfort seat/pazzo levers/blah blah
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2012, 2:00 pm Thread Starter
DGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdavis74 View Post
I have it installed on my GT, no pics though. It's pretty straight forward, shouldnt take you more that five minutes and worth the piece of mind.
Would you be able to take a few pix to show me where you put everything? I'm curious because I have very little room under my seat...

Thanks.

[*]'07 Ducati Sport Classic Sport1000 Biposto, Black [*]'05 Ducati 999s, Black (sold)[*]'18 KTM 1290 SuperAdventure S, Black[*]'14 KTM 1190 RC8R, White/Orange/Black

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Will try to do tonight. It's pretty tight in there. The original installation by the shop was all fucked. When I did my tail chop I reinstalled it and it literally took 5 minutes. It's confusing at first but its pretty plug and play. Will send photos if I can get to it tonight

I'm not actually a dr.
-----------------------
2008 Gray GT1000: Termignoni System/Storz Damper/Watsen Signals/ dp tail chop/14t sprocket/rizoma reservoirs, conical bar, risers/comfort seat/pazzo levers/blah blah
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2012, 2:58 pm
Prolific Poster Award

this might help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2963.jpg
Views:	1295
Size:	643.0 KB
ID:	107813  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2012, 4:00 pm Thread Starter
DGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPakBikes View Post
this might help
Thanks JC.

But not looks like yours is just the alarm and not the GPS unit, is it?

Also, my rectifier looks a little different and has two plugs that take a bit more room than the OEM.

I more or less have spots for all the peripheral bits, and the siren, it's the module, which is a bit bigger than a PCIII, that I'm having trouble finding space for. my PCIII is sitting on top of my battery box as it is...

At this point I'm thinking that if I bout out the plastic bed under the CPU, I could secure it onto the top part of my WASP tail chop plate and under the CPU connectors...

The flat undersea part of the tank is perfect for the proximity sensor and the GPS antenna.

I will figure this out, damn it!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2012, 4:00 pm Thread Starter
DGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdavis74 View Post
Will try to do tonight. It's pretty tight in there. The original installation by the shop was all fucked. When I did my tail chop I reinstalled it and it literally took 5 minutes. It's confusing at first but its pretty plug and play. Will send photos if I can get to it tonight
Much appreciated. thanks!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Could be a good time to relocate the regulator to under the seat pan for more room.

When I was fast,
motorcycles were slow.
Now motorcycles are fast,
and I'm slow.

"Black is the only color for a motorcycle.
Unless you want to sell it, then paint it red."
- Melvin "Swede" Dunlap, 1966

Cafe racers are built,
not bought.

The older I get,
the faster I was.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2012, 1:21 pm Thread Starter
DGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1duckyboy View Post
Could be a good time to relocate the regulator to under the seat pan for more room.
I thought of that, but it's not OEM so the connectors are two big plugs and I'm not sure if they are weather-proof. So I might be stuck with it in the seat pan.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2012, 3:08 pm

Have you considered switching to a small LiFePo battery to free up some space in the battery box?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode