749/999 wheels on a SC - Page 8 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 2017, 5:56 pm

I had custom lines made - in the 999 style, with the over-fender caliper to caliper line.

you -CAN- get away with the original front lines - however, because the banjo fittings aren't aligned correctly at the caliper, you get some outward bowing out of the lines. This does not affect the bike tho...but isn't quite the nicest looking.

the rear 999 caliper, and bracket requires a new line to link up correctly and for length. I went with the underside mount while I was at it...

Ldsurf
NJ, NY, and now, Sydney
2008 SC Biposto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2017, 7:42 am

Just purchased a 2006 Sport 1000 with mostly stock parts. First thing wanna do is get some wheels & tires. Excuse my ignorance but will these Marchesini's work (along with the other parts mentioned in 1st post of this thread)? Mucho appreciated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-996R...4383.l4275.c10 and https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-999R...4383.l4275.c10
KTOGUN likes this.
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2017, 7:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXngton View Post
Just purchased a 2006 Sport 1000 with mostly stock parts. First thing wanna do is get some wheels & tires. Excuse my ignorance but will these Marchesini's work (along with the other parts mentioned in 1st post of this thread)? Mucho appreciated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-996R...4383.l4275.c10 and https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-999R...4383.l4275.c10
You'll need a slew of other parts but those wheels are the correct ones. I was looking for some forged wheels this past summer and there was a guy in Europe with a nice set of forged black 999R wheels he was selling as a set for 1300 plus shipping if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MODS:
Zards 2-2 FULL INOX | MWR HE Air Filter | OEM ECU Reflashed by Motowheels | Oberon Clutch Slave | FatDUC Manipulator | Warranty replacement tank | RaceTech Front Fork Springs | Ohlins Mono Spring replacement | Pilot Power 2CT | Ducabike 5 Spring Slipper Clutch and racing plates | Ducabike Rearsets | MPL Sprocket Cover | MPL Clutch cover | Nichols Oil breather and new hose | CRG Hindsight mirrors with LS conversion kit

post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Garage
16.5?

Are you wanting to go to 16.5 wheels vs the usual 17? The ebay links are for 16.5 wheels, aren't 16.5 typically track-oriented wheels with relatively limited street tire options?

Quote:

2007 GT1000
2003 DS1000 SuperSport
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2017, 2:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
Are you wanting to go to 16.5 wheels vs the usual 17? The ebay links are for 16.5 wheels, aren't 16.5 typically track-oriented wheels with relatively limited street tire options?
I dunno. Whatever mine are. 17 I think

MODS:
Zards 2-2 FULL INOX | MWR HE Air Filter | OEM ECU Reflashed by Motowheels | Oberon Clutch Slave | FatDUC Manipulator | Warranty replacement tank | RaceTech Front Fork Springs | Ohlins Mono Spring replacement | Pilot Power 2CT | Ducabike 5 Spring Slipper Clutch and racing plates | Ducabike Rearsets | MPL Sprocket Cover | MPL Clutch cover | Nichols Oil breather and new hose | CRG Hindsight mirrors with LS conversion kit
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2017, 2:31 pm

Here it is

MODS:
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
I passed on those wheels in the links, to much trouble. Ended up buy a nice pair of forged Marchesini aluminumís 17X5.5 from a 999S off EBay for $750 USD.
Coconut likes this.
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Quote:
I passed on those wheels in the links, to much trouble. Ended up buy a nice pair of forged Marchesini aluminumís 17X5.5 from a 999S off EBay for $750 USD.
That's a great deal if they're forged. Now you gotta get a 520 drivers to sync up the gears.

MODS:
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2017, 11:45 am

Will this rear caliper work with rear disk taken off 999R? https://motowheels.com/i-23900708-br...old-color.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode