Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Only one key fob included? (just got a new 2018 Enduro Pro)

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  DaveK 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2018 Enduro Pro but havent had a chance to ride it. Hoping later today after work or definitely weekend.
I only was given one key fob with the bike and asked the salesman if there was another - the bag he gave me had the manuals, key tumblers, a red key but no fob. Do these just come with one? thanks

#3 ·
From what you wrote, you have received two keys: one Fob and one red key which which is electronic and will start the bike when placed near the antenna.

#4 ·
One fob, one red nearfield key... that's it.

What Ducati owner would ever let anyone else ride their bike... that's just crazy talk. So... you only need one fob (and the red key in case the battery goes dead in the fob)

#6 ·
Semi on-topic. I found the key blade on the fob to be weak at its attachment point. I snapped it off the first week I had the bike. After getting that fixed, I decided I didn’t want to use the fob for my day to day opening of the gas tank or the luggage.

I got a couple non-chipped keys made using the code on the red key tag. Dude at keys4urride.com can make them and mail them to you for not much money. So now I’m less likely to bust an expensive to replace fob, and if I do something dumb like leave a key in one of the pannier locks, no one can start the bike with it. Just something to think about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.