Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Going racing with the Hyper

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Varmitcong 
#1 ·
After watching the motorcycle scene in S. Florida go almost entirely squid, I've decided that It's time to get back on the track, and I'm taking my '13 HM SP with me. My plan is to compete in the FMRRA championship series, as they just opened up the Formula Twins class to allow the watercooled Hypers to run with "superbike" rules (previous rules only allowed up to 799cc). I've had the bike on the track before, and I was surprised how fast I was able to go, even with the limitation of the stock footpegs. I've already got the Ducabike rearsets on it to fix that issue. The RapidBike Evo has really helped smooth out the engine and tune it properly for the Shift Tech slip-on. I'm going to send the suspension off to Fast Bike Industries for Andreani fork cartridges and revalving and respringing of the Ohlins rear shock. I'm still trying to figure out something for a belly pan, no one seems to make anything for the Testastretta motors, and the ones for the 2-valve motors doesn't appear to fit correctly without lots of modification.

I've got lots of experience on various tracks, including all of the ones the FMRRA runs (Homestead, Jennings GP, Roebling Road, and PBIR), just not in a race setting.

Wish me luck!

#2 ·
Awesome,

I am in Tampa and going to start racing with them on my 959 this coming year. I took my suspension to Fastbike this fall, David is awesome and the riding up there is great, also the brewery scene is vibrant, so it is well worth a trip up to Hendersonville. I'm going to run Formula 50 after January and Euro Light. :)

t_bare

Reactions: Reckless_Kelly
#5 ·
After watching the motorcycle scene in S. Florida go almost entirely squid...
Precisely what happens anytime the mainstream gloms on to anything. Whatever it may be gets ruined. You should see what they've done to the sand-duning scene out here ... complete ass clown circus. Now there are annual fees, law enforcement roams the dunes handing out tickets for not complying with helmet laws, and they even make DUI arrests .... in the dirt ... out in the desert.

I'm glad you have an outlet that (for now) creates distance from the monkey-nuts that have engulfed your personal joy.

:wink2:

Reactions: Varmitcong
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.