Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Tuneboy questions

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  toeslider 
#1 ·
Have sent Tuneboy and some others these questions with no definitive answers yet so here goes-I just want to add cruise control to a 2012 Multi with ABS and it has a race ECU installed(Termi kit from Ducati.) Will the TB cruise work with the race ECU and does it come with everything to install with? I am looking at this kit:

Starter Kit: TuneBoy USB Kit – CRUISE CONTROL ONLY
Part Number: KITDUCCC_USB
Description: TuneBoy USB Kit With CRUISE CONTROL (Does not include Tuning option.). Does not support nudge buttons or QuickShifter.
Price: $399 AUD (Approximately $285 USD)

#2 ·
I don't know what a race ECU is but I'm assuming it is an ECU that has been modified from stock to account for the Termi kit (air / fuel mixture kind of stuff)??

If so, then I would think the answer is no. When you run the Tuneboy software you are essentially putting a stock tune with cruise control turned on onto your ECU (or at least that is how it seemed to look when I did it a couple weeks ago).

I did the cruise only install but a buddy already had the USB kit so I only had to pay for the cruise key which was $145. Hopefully the guy from Tuneboy can answer your question.

#3 ·
So you already had the USB->ELM Com Port->to Diag adaptor device? I have that unit that I use with MelcoDiag. Did they e-mail you the tune or did you have to wait 2 weeks for them to mail it? It would be great if they can mail it and I can use the cable that I have. I was thinking that the Tuneboy just "adds" a program to the existing ECU but can't get a straight answer. Did you contact them directly or go through a dealer?

Attachments

#4 ·
Tuneboy software will reflash your current ECU to get the cruise control to work . It should work with your race ECU , but check with Tuneboy you will eventually get an answer .

#7 ·
Please post back and let us know how it works.

I have a 2012 Multi and have been eyeing the TuneBoy cruise. I would go with the nudge buttons, because I am used to cruise on my other two bikes which allow fine adjustments, but that is just me.

#9 ·
OK, so they said that it will work with race tune. I just uploaded the cruise and it replaced the race tune with a stock map. Now I get EXVL error and have a stock MTS1200 logo flash across the screen so right now I'm a little pissed! Apparently it DOES NOT with a DP race ECU without overwriting the stock tune!

#10 ·
Ok, to finish off the thread. Wayne sent me a cruise only tune with a Termi exhaust file that works. Cruise works great and the fuel map is about the same as the DP tuned ECU. The main thing is that I don't have any DTC codes and the my world is back to normal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.