Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - Multistrada 1260 "Ducati Wheelie Control"
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2019, 1:43 pm Thread Starter
DarR

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlopez View Post
DWC 1 also for the same reasons as above. Wheel comes up, but I have the sense of security that it wont topple over if Im careless.
I was out recently but not specifically for wheelies however since I'm on the bike...
While in 2nd gear, (engine High, DWC 3 & DTC 5) I whacked the throttled (more than my usual) while popping the clutch, staying on the gas and voila...Most height ever and didn't have to chase the RPM's as I was way up there for what seemed like awhile (relatively speaking). Noticed amber lights on the display staying on throughout. Best and highest one yet on the Multi.

One that note, the manual states:
Levels 1, 2 and 3 allow easier wheelies, but reduce their speed: these levels are recommended only for track use and for expert riders who can control wheelies on their own and exploit the system feature that reduces the speed at which the front wheel tends to lift.

This does not infer height control as I initially thought it did. I suspect the bike could still loop in DWC 1~3.
Comments?

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak All purpose fun
2016 Monster 1200 R Rambunctious fun

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome