Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - Whut's this fairing? Whut's this front tire?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2019, 11:07 am Thread Starter
Rex Coil 7

Whut's this fairing? Whut's this front tire?

FAIRING: The SS with the ~smaller~ lower fairing is an interwebs picture (red bike stand under it) .... the ~larger~ lower fairing is my 1996 900SS/CR (gold frame). What is that smaller lower? Is that a Ducati part, or an aftermarket piece? It appears that it bolts on to the upper fairing, which implies it can be installed on pretty much any '90s "pre Pierre" SS/CR. Either way it looks nice.

FRONT TIRE: The pic of the 750SS is another interwebz pic (the bike with the single front disc) ... I like how the front tire is rather low profile and makes the front wheel appear to be smaller than the rear wheel ... Hmmm .. I suppose it is smaller! I have read that the 750SS of certain model years used a 120/70/17 front tire, but manufacturer can make all the difference when it comes to circumference and profile. In fact, my bike also has a 120/70/17 front tire but it's larger/chunkier looking. If my wheels were black the front tire would look even larger.

By the way, my bike (gold frame) has Pirelli Angel GTs, just to get it said.

Ideas/thoughts/experience?

Thankies! And Happy Father's Day!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SuperSport - 33.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	942.8 KB
ID:	946079   Click image for larger version

Name:	1996 900SSCR - 10.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	946081   Click image for larger version

Name:	ducati-ss-750-super-sport-2000-3.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	946083  

'96 CR. Square peg among round holes.
Comply or be shunned .. comply! .. Comply! .. COMPLY!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome