Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - Clutch Spring Retainer Bolt Alternative
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2019, 6:30 pm Thread Starter
monkeyodeath

Clutch Spring Retainer Bolt Alternative

So I was replacing the rusty clutch springs on my '95 SP with stainless ones when I found out that someone in the bike's past had stripped almost all of the little spring retainer bolts. (I understand that this is pretty common).

A set of left-handed drill bits helped me get them out fairly easily, but I wanted to replace them with something less likely to pose the same problem in the future.

I've read that oil or anti-seize on the threads can help, but I've had a lot of bad experiences with hex screws over the years and wanted to make super-sure this wasn't going to happen again. I like trying to find a Torx alternative, since those don't strip nearly as easily.

So I found these on McMaster: https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/125/3098 (part # 90991A129)

Same bolt, but stainless steel (no rust) and with a Torx head. Way less likely to strip out next time I need to remove the bolts.

Figured I'd throw it up here in case anyone was interested in an alternative to the stock bolt.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome