Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - Advice on Prospective SS Cafe Racer build for a Ducati Newbie?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old May 26th, 2019, 8:39 pm Thread Starter
magner

Garage
Advice on Prospective SS Cafe Racer build for a Ducati Newbie?

Hello All, first post as I'm migrating from sohc4.net because I'm looking at upgrading my '76 Honda CB550F cafe racer to something more contemporary! I really love my vintage Honda, but I'm starting to outgrow it (it is my first bike), and it just isn't quite reliable enough to keep up riding with friends...

I'm not experienced enough yet to do a crazy custom fabrication job, but my goal is to get a decently priced 900SS and strip it naked, swap for headlight, replace for cafe seat cowl seat. However, the toughest thing that I hope to do if possible is replace the tank for something more classic looking, as I just really am not a fan of aggressively sporty forms. Everything I want to do is purely aesthetic, and maybe I can focus on performance upgrades once I learn a lot more.
REDMAX ONLINE STORE I have found this sport classic tank that says it can fit an SS, but what kind of trouble am I looking at in terms of putting it on for example a 2003 900ss?

I mainly need advice on what year/model I should go for, and how I might swap the tank. I really want to go for Fuel Injection, but I feel a carbed bike would be easier to swap the tank maybe?? I have attached a few photos of what I love and hope to achieve, some obviously much more custom than others!

Thanks a ton all,
Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ducati-Super-Sport-750-Cafe-Racer-by-Feri-10.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	944031   Click image for larger version

Name:	seattle_fullbike5-960x641.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	944033   Click image for larger version