Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Has Anyone Else Purchased a 2019 Hyper?

30K views 198 replies 24 participants last post by  mad mordigan 
#1 ·
I just ordered one from Ducati Austin last week. It's the SP version. Expected deilvery sometime in late March.

Some thoughts:

1. Holy cow I can't wait! Smile on my face all this week.
2. Collission coverage under my current carrier was 3 times what it was for my MS 2016. I found another carrier that gave me a reasonable deal.
3. Probably going with an extended service plan, mainly due to all of the tech stuff on the bike.
4. Not a thought- but started clearing out a space for it in the garage today.

#2 ·
Meeee! SP as well.

Sorta, I put a deposit on one, dealer "said" it's supposed to be here last week or this week. It hasn't showed up yet so hoping for this week :)

Will be my first bike of this kind, always ridden sportbikes but super excited about it! I've been building 1098 for too many years now and haven't ridden a bike in 5 or so years so very excited to have a fully functioning bike I can ride whenever. I plan on doing some trackways with it too, I really miss the track.

Congrats on your order!

#3 · (Edited)
Picked up my 2019 Hypermotard 950SP today!

Put 10 miles on it to get acquainted. Lovely bike!

The rear hub, axle is the same dimensions as the 939, so I ordered a pit bull hypermotard stand. Need that to remove the wheel to change tires.

I also confirmed that R&G rear axle sliders https://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Ducati/Hypermotard_821/2014/SS0037BK
fit the 950SP so ordered those. They are good because you can use a standard paddock stand to lift the bike from the spindles for chain maintenance.

I had these front axle sliders lying around so I installed them and they are a perfect fit. https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2016-2018-Panigale-959-Front-Axle-Sliders-p/n80-16f.htm

Evotech frame sliders are on the way.

I am not sure I will put on radiator guards. Not a pebble on the lowest radiator after my first ride. I think it may be high enough to avoid garbage tossed by the wheel.

Bar end sliders seem like a good idea: https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Ducati/Hypermotard_939_SP/2016/BE0071BK/

#4 ·
Picked up my 2019 Hypermotard 950SP today!

Put 10 miles on it to get acquainted. Lovely bike!

The rear hub, axle is the same dimensions as the 939, so I ordered a pit bull hypermotard stand. Need that to remove the wheel to change tires.

I also confirmed that R&G rear axle sliders https://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Ducati/Hypermotard_821/2014/SS0037BK
fit the 950SP so ordered those. They are good because you can use a standard paddock stand to lift the bike from the spindles for chain maintenance.

I had these front axle sliders lying around so I installed them and they are a perfect fit. https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2016-2018-Panigale-959-Front-Axle-Sliders-p/n80-16f.htm

Evotech frame sliders are on the way.

I am not sure I will put on radiator guards. Not a pebble on the lowest radiator after my first ride. I think it may be high enough to avoid garbage tossed by the wheel.

Bar end sliders seem like a good idea: https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Ducati/Hypermotard_939_SP/2016/BE0071BK/

BTW, there is no USB power socket on the bike. I thought there was.
Why are there no pics? :)

Congrats on the purchase, you've got to be one of the first ones! Sounds like you're off to a good start with some safety mods, what's next?

Odd on the USB port, Ducati website says that's standard. Just did a quick google search and one review said the port is located under the seat.

#12 ·
I'm dripping with jealousy! You appear to be the "first kid on the block" with the new toy. :laugh:

I will probably fit the radiator and oil guard screens to mine. Here in Texas there are so many miles of roads in this big state that upkeep of the surface is expensive and the solution they use is to use a tar coat with an extremely corse (sharp edged) gravel treatement that cuts everything from radiators to paint to skin if you get hit by it.

I might be the first person in Austin to order one. Don't know. Will have to ask the dealer. Congrats on your new ride!:smile2:

#7 ·
Looks sweet Pard! As for the rad & oil cooler guards I think they are a good idea as the Pirelli Supercorsa’s pick up everything! I get real small pieces thru the vents on my front fender & only see them at night as the headlight illuminates them.

I opted for the whole set as I like how it looks & figured the head & coil were worth protecting too.

Enjoy your new bike!

#15 ·
Dealer told me today mine still hasn't shown up, "weather delays". They did however let me know their demo SP showed up today, I dunno if that's good or bad news haha. I want MINE :) at least I'll be able to see one in person now though

#16 ·
Noticed the 2019 Hyper has an auto shut off directional signal indicator. Nice!

Signal for a turn and after the turn it shuts off by itself.

The handguards bother me. Very cheap looking and purely cosmetic. A set of carbon fiber ones with nicer turn indicators should be an option.

#17 ·
Oh nice! That's a handy little feature.

For the handguards I'm thinking about doing something like the Rizoma Proguards, a much sleeker minimalistic look. If I do that I don't know what I'll do about turn signals yet.

I've seen there's aftermarket carbon options that replace just the top half of the factory guards but not a full carbon set yet that I've found. I haven't looked that hard either though.

#20 ·
The existing pit bull Hypermotard stand fits on the new Ducati Hypermotard 950SP, both sides. See attached pictures.

The only issue is that on the drive side, with handle forward, the kickstand is in the way. The kickstand must be lifted up or the pit bull handle will blocked and not move freely to the floor. Once the bike is secure, the kickstand can be lowered if need be, but then must be raised again to lower the bike to the floor.

Attachments

#25 ·
Nice hyper. Been thinking about selling my Thruxton and CB in favor of one. The wife won't let me add additional due to new baby in the household. =(

#26 · (Edited)
FWIW 96 miles from a full tank until the low fuel light comes on.

I filled up at 100 miles and put in 3 gallons.

Tank is 3.8 Gallons and I put in 3 gallons at 100 miles, so I would guess 125 miles is a safe stretch.

Manual says about 20 mile range once light goes on.

.8 gallons at that point, getting about 33 mpg (the actual gas mileage I am getting) is 26.4 miles till empty once light goes on, but if you unport the fuel intake you will stall the engine so I would say 20 miles once the light goes on is legit.

#27 · (Edited)
Installed the Evotech Frame Sliders.

Installation is pretty simple. Support the engine from underneath when you slide out the OEM bolt and slide in the Evotech bolt.

Once the OEM engine bolt moves out of the hole on one side, the engine can sink within the frame and lose alignment with the frame holes.

To prevent that, you drive out the OEM bolt from one side by inserting the Evotech bolt and driving out the OEM bolt.

Attachments

#31 ·
Installed the Evotech Frame Sliders.

Installation is pretty simple. Support the engine from underneath when you slide out the OEM bolt and slide in the Evotech bolt.

Once the OEM engine bolt moves out of the hole on one side, the engine can sink within the frame and lose alignment with the frame holes.

To prevent that, you drive out the OEM bolt from one side by inserting the Evotech bolt and driving out the OEM bolt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntOgeoRxPno
Like the looks of the newest little Hyper, even better when you remove those awful frame stickers :)

#28 ·
Thanks for the continued updates @Pard ! The bike is coming along nicely. My SP still hasn't arrived, hoping for a better update tomorrow besides "weather delays".

Those frame sliders stick out pretty far, further than I would have thought at least. But I guess that must be needed to keep the other components safe.

I've already got some fun little goodies for my Hyper once it actually shows up :)

Reactions: Pard
#32 · (Edited)
Stopped by the dealer and was finally able to see their demo model in person and sit on it. It feels really good, just sitting on it it feels like it's going to be so fun!

and even better news, while I was there they said the one I put a deposit on is on the truck for delivery today! Which means if they unload and set it up quickly I could have my SP as soon as tomorrow! *fingers crossed*

It could be sooner than you think depending on how many others put a deposit down at your specific dealer. I'd check with them, could be anyway now for all you know :)

#30 ·
FYI, for anyone interested, I previously had ordered the full 3-piece guard kit from Evotech (radiator, engine, and oil cooler) and initial impressions are very good! The quality looks amazing and it feels good too. Feels really solid with good thickness/weight to it.

Once the bike arrives I'll be able to test/verify fitment. Hoping the fitment is as good as my initial impressions.

#33 · (Edited)
Installed Zeta Pro Guards with integrated LEDs on the right side.

They require the extended brackets to clear the master.

Fit on the bar end is not perfect due to the torque placed on the natural bend of the aluminum guard bar, required to fit the hyper. I will play with that a bit more for a more perfect fit.

The LED directional indicator is not even close to being as bright as the stock. Not a deal breaker for me.

The actual plastic of the guard is glossy black and not pretty to look at. I have some Ducati decals on order which I will apply to dress it up.

Overall I am happy with it because it should offer actual crash protection. The structure is solid and should save components in a slide.

Attachments

#37 ·
Great news that your Hyper is inching closer to your garage!

The frame sliders are huge and they do stick out really far, but that is what they are supposed to do. They extend only as far as required so that if the bike is on it's side, the weight is on the sliders. If you drop the bike without frame sliders, you will break expensive stuff. The sliders protect in such an occurrence. Insurance.

No issues with hitting legs into them.

There are nicer looking sliders out there than the set I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.