Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Iconic Parts windscreen spacers ...

22K views 52 replies 24 participants last post by  AXSPwr 
#1 ·
Just sanded down the “nubs” on the tops of the Iconic Parts windscreen spacers, so they work with the Pikes Peak carbon fiber windscreen I just installed.

Jamie Clare’s parts are awesome ... the stock spacers worked perfectly with the stock windscreen on my 1260, I simply needed to mildly alter them to work with the Pikes Peak windscreen, as it mounts very differently.

Having gone through 8 different windscreens and two different spacer designs on my 2010 Multi 1200, and now the new 2018 1260 Multi, i can advise that the Pikes Peak screen with the Iconic Parts spacers is, for me at least, the best solution so far at offering reduced wind buffeting/noise.

YMMV.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
@johnchypermotard
I just purchased a 1260 Pikes Peak. It's at the Dealers for the winter. The PP comes with two screens; the Carbon and a transparent one.
Could you shed some light on what these spacers are for?
Do I need these?

#9 ·
absolutely ... the Iconic parts windscreen spacers push the windscreen outward and slightly more upright than the stock positioning ... which provides reduced wind buffeting and noise for some riders, depending on their riding position/helmet placement when riding.

for me, with a short windscreen (the Pikes Peak windscreen) installed using the Iconic Parts spacers, the wind buffeting, and noise are greatly reduced. YMMV.

this is what the spacers look like ...

Attachments

#12 ·
See how long this stays up. I make spacers for the multi as well. I have sold many of them here. We make them for 2015-2018 models all out of Billet Aluminum. We had several posts in the classified section as we were instructed to do.

Attachments

#15 ·
I have the Iconic Parts spacers on my 2016. I wish I'd known there was an alternative product stateside.

The spacers are the best aero upgrade you can make to the bike, IMO. I found the stock setup to be intolerable and a medium CalSci screen was only a little better. The stock windscreen with spacers is actually pretty good although I prefer the CalSci screen with spacers. The vent in the CalSci screen doesn't seem to be necessary anymore and I currently have it covered up with packing tape.

#18 ·
I have a set for the 4 spot 2013 - 14 Strada. They are very well made and has reduced the 'roar' (noise) a hell of a lot. The key to the spacers is in my view is the ability to channel air under the screen and reducing the dead air as per the standard set up. I am 6' 4" and sit very upright and these fellows work a treat
Cheers
Windi

#19 ·
Yes, I still have a gew sets for the 2013-2014 (4) bolt setup. Just message me.

We are in the process of getting a website setup. The company will be DucPilot. Stay tuned.

#22 ·
Just wanted to add my $.02 in here. After reading all of the info on the windscreen issues and corrective measures with these bikes which I feel is one of the really weak points of this motorcycle, I decided to order some of these spacers. Went to their website and placed my order for spacers for a 13-14 MTS. Got a confirm and received the parts in a couple of weeks. There were no instructions in the package, but I figured I could make out how to mount. How hard can this be, right? When I got around to messing with these, I wondered why I had 2 offset spacers and one non-offset piece, but since I had no instructions I thought that Iconic sent out a "universal" kit and still proceeded to use the two offsets. Well, after attempting to first mount them on the lower mount points, which resulted in the windshield having a large gap at the bottom, to trying to mount them on the top, which was impossible as the bottom of the screen then interfered with the cowling, I came back here to the forum and on someone's post I saw a photo of the various kits that Iconic sells. As you by now are probably guessing, what I was shipped was a kit for the older 3 hole screens. Here's the point of all of this...no instructions, and when I emailed Iconic to ask that another kit be sent, I get nothing in response. Nada. It has been several weeks and not only do I not know if they have shipped any replacement, I don't even know if they know of my issue. I emailed them again tonight and am hoping I get some response. I know several folks here have spoken highly of this outfit, but I wanted to share my experience, as so far it has been a long way from positive.

#23 ·
I had a similar experience just a few weeks ago; ordered for the 13-14 MTS with 4-holes. I got the 3-hole kit and it took me a bit to figure out what I was dealing with, as there was only a basic parts diagram

I contacted the seller and got a response the next day. Said the website had been acting up and not submitting the correct orders. Reportedly shipping a replacement set. Shipping takes a while UK to US, but hoping they arrive soon.

Not sure what address you're using, but I replied directly to the shipment notification email I received: sales@iconicparts.uk

Good luck!

#24 ·
I've emailed to that address twice, the last being yesterday, so I'll wait till the weekend is over and see if I get a response. I am planning on taking a trip down south in a few weeks and would love to have this windscreen function a bit better. I'm somewhat spoiled in that the last bike I had was a K1600GT that had an amazing adjustable windscreen that practically eliminated any wind noise. I'm not expecting that sort of resolution, but a reduction of the buffetting at high speed would be helpful.

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
Let me introduce myself

Hello everyone i'm Jamie

First of all thank you to all of you that have bought items from me.

Secondly apologies to those who have had any issues with deliveries. I'm not here to make excuses but i will just say this is a growing thing for me and i'm still finding my feet with the e-commerce thing. Like a lot of these ventures they start off as hobbies what get out of control but i am working to make it a more professional setup.

Thirdly i want to address any problems anyone has with items and would love feedback on the products so i can improve them over time.

I have noted the comments about the instructions and i am working on all this back room stuff as we speak. i have included a couple of my revamped instruction sheets. id love some feedback on what sort of format you prefer.

thank you everyone for your patience.

#29 ·
I have noted the comments about the instructions and i am working on all this back room stuff as we speak. i have included a couple of my revamped instruction sheets. id love some feedback on what sort of format you prefer.
Having just purchased a set of offsets for my Multi a month ago, I'd say that the new instructions are an improvement. However, I had no problem in installing the spacers on my bike with the former instructions.

While the spacers do make a clear improvement in helmet buffeting, they don't eliminate the problem for me. I'm probably just a bit too tall at 5'10" and my head probably extends too far into the windstream. An extended screen will be needed for me. The spacers are still worth it to me.

#31 ·
that would be me ...

I was going to reply to the initial issue messages here but thought it best for Jamie to chime in, as he really does provide some of the best pre- and post-sales support of any online company i've dealt with. plus, he actually owns a Multi ... so unlike other companies that only sell products for our bikes, he knows the products well, as he uses them on his own bike.

#35 ·
I totally agree with johnchypermotard...no reason to ban him, as he's just trying to make things right. If I hadn't posted my experience on here and johnchypermotard hadn't connected the dots we all would have lost. I don't know how to address this issue but at the least I would encourage a review of his banned status.

#37 ·
Iconic's ban has been lifted. We still don't know the exact reasoning for it in the first place, but hope he'll return and participate as a regular member. (Please note that there are rules about outright commercial posts from businesses that aren't official sponsors.)

#38 ·
Thanks everyone.

To the admins... I wasn’t planning on advertising but to be honest some more info on what’s involved would be interesting reading.

Hope now I’m in contact with you all I can settle any issues you have. I’m still getting a massive amount of mails going into the junk folder so I’ll check it regularly. My hosting is done by Godaddy so I’ll try to find time to ask them if it’s an issue there end.

Thanks again everyone

#42 · (Edited)
At Last... Multistrada screen spacers are back!

I found this thread and jumped on the opportunity to buy the Iconic Parts windscreen spacers for my 2014 Multistrada 1200S. In a lengthy discussion in the thread "How's the Wind Protection" https://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/642058-how-wind-protection-4.html , you will see the saga of many owners trying to fix the only deficiency on this otherwise perfect motorcycle - wind buffeting due to a poor windscreen design. Going way back, there were spacers such as these that we made for a while by Aztec. Not in business any more.

I am thrilled that I will get a chance to try these. I truly believe that by letting some airflow come up the back of the screen, that the buffeting will not be pulled down by back-pressure to hit us in the face - as it has done with the stock screen for years (apparently - seeing 2018 model complaints still coming in).

BTW... contrary to an earlier post, Iconic has a web page for easy ordering: https://iconicparts.uk. but I guess you guys know that, now.

#46 ·
Just installed these spacers behind a Cal Sci large windscreen, I have to say they work really well. Maybe too well. Prior to the spacers I never had much buffetting w/ the Cal Sci, but the noise at even surface street speeds was atrocious. Ear plugs were mandatory equipment for me on this bike. With the spacers the noise is gone, I can comfortably ride without earplugs. That's the good news. Bad news with such a large windscreen, at 6'2" my entire head is now sitting in a pocket of still air. Helmet vents on my Neotec don't work at all, even riding with the faceshield up doesn't really help. Would be unbearable on a hot summer day. Next I'll try with the smaller Cal Sci shorty screen.

#47 ·
Hi @AXSPwr , what size of the CalSci did you install? I'm 6'1", probably would use the same or maybe one size smaller.

My current setup is a PUIG Touring with the Iconic spacers, no buffeting at all, but a lot of wind noise coming from below the helmet once I'm above 60mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.