Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - What do you think and what do you think its REALLY worth? '96 900SS CR w/mods
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2018, 7:25 am Thread Starter
9-9-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony888 View Post
congratulations,
On those the belts are scheduled for every two years, however plenty run them longer, especially if it's ridden often. Valve check/adjustment is every 6k miles and oil and filter changes not sure but yearly or every 3000 miles seems about right.

It's nice but i'm curious why if it's a 900 it has a steel swingarm and a 4.5" wheel, they were on 750SS not 900SS (at least over here, can't say for sure on US bikes)
L888,

Thanks for the service info. This is a 3rd bike in the stable, so I'll definitely be riding it at least every other weekend for safe spirited engagements in the mountains.

I could be wrong about the swing arm being steel versus aluminum (guess I need to put a magnet on it), but the rear wheel is 4.5" - saw the 4.5" identifier mark on one of the wheel spokes.

I remember finding/reading this thread about the swing arm, which leads me to believe mine is steel. The welds lead me to believe its steel.
https://www.ducati.ms/forums/57-supe...-rear-rim.html

A wider wheel/tire would look good back there between those D&D's though!

Last edited by 9-9-9; Aug 6th, 2018 at 7:34 am.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome