Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - Pierre Terblanche
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2018, 4:27 pm
bruce19
Prolific Poster Award

Garage
It's kind of a rite of passage to beat up on PT here. And, I have certainly been one of those who have. Back in '98 I saw his version of the Supersport due to be sold in '99 and I ran to buy a new '97 SS/SP. However, over the years I have mellowed. I think PTs thinking was that he was going to develop a revolutionary design to replace the original 916 rather than evolve it. In my opinion that was a BIG mistake. He could have evolved it ala Porsche 911 but, no, he had to make a statement. In the end Tamburinni over at MV Agusta took the former approach. IMO his is a nicer design. Over the years I have come to like the 999 but it's no 998. As for the Supersport, PT basically took the Supermono design, tweaked it and created a street version. I've come to like that as well. So, for me, it's a mixed bag. What is sad to me was Ducati's attempt to go back in the direction of the 916 but ending up designing a new Yamaha R1 in the 1098 and now the new Supersport. As for the Multi....that was one of the uglier designs of the times IMO. Then again I'm just not a fan of the whole "Adventure bike" genre.

bruce19
'01 Monster S4

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome