Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

MO Survey: What Kind Of Helmet Do You Wear?

9K views 37 replies 33 participants last post by  MTSBoom 
#1 ·

A DOT approved helmet is the most important piece of safety gear that a motorcyclist can wear. Still, the range of legal helmets covers (or doesn’t cover) a wide range of protection. Since we’re street-wise enough to know that not everyone shares our belief in the importance of protective headgear.

Lend us your voice, oh MOrons! What is your preferred style of helmet?
Take the MO Survey: What Kind Of Helmet Do You Wear? at Motorcycle.com.

See less See more
#28 ·

I'm 3 months into purchasing the Bell Race Star Ace Cafe and I love it....
My only issue was with the shield and lack of opening detents...its either all the open or all the way closed, with a slight crack for "ventilation".

I removed both hinges...bolted them together to make sure they remained symmetrical and round filed two additional notches the same size & depth as the factory detents a quarter of the way up the hinge and another just under the halfwaypoint.

Now I have two additional shield positions for added airflow and ventilation, while still having my eyes protected by the shield.
Took just over a half hour..but made all the difference in the world.

#34 ·
I mostly wear either the Shoei GT-Air or the Bell Star Carbon with the Transitions photochromic visor. It's nice not to worry about switching visors.

Shoei GT-Air is the best fit followed by the Bell or the Shark.
The Roof Desmo I bought just for shits and giggles more than anything. It's heavy and clumsy but it has killer ventilation

#38 ·
Wore medium Shoei's for 16 years, adding thick cheekpads. Then was introduced to Arai Signet and found what I'd been missing! I'm a long oval! And the Arai Signet small fits like glove. Never been happier to wear a helmet all day.
Sidenote: Arai face shields are atrocious to change out compared to the Shoei. I keep clear safety glasses in my tank bag vs having to change out my tinted visor at night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.