Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum - View Single Post - 900SS-SP restoration story
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old May 24th, 2017, 10:23 am
steveb64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally home View Post
Sorry - while I'd love to have a set of FCR's they are certainly out of the question for me at this point!
Like you, I left the trumpets off of the lid. Also glad to hear you've not had any water ingestion issues. I'm assuming you do get some rain in the north end of New Zealand too.
Did you install the Sil Moto's? If so, did you have any fitment issues?
I've dropped a shot below of my new header vs. the stock Ducati item. Is this similar to yours??
Thanks.
Re the FCR's - save your pennies. I know I thought my stock setup was working OK - then I fitted the pipes and FCR's. After that - I was kicking myself for not doing it years earlier. There is THAT much of a difference.

Yup. It rains here. We're (well, where I am) sub-tropical, and have an average rainfall of 1500mm (nearly 5 feet) a year. I've done rides of 4+ hours in bucketing down rain, with no problems. I don't know about a pod setup on the Duc's - but the ones on my old Suzuki 1100 used to choke up a bit in really wet weather- but absolutely no problems with the airbox unit on my 900.

Yep - installed them myself. All fitted together without a hitch. I never worried too much about the proximity of the header and the oil line - though I did manage to move the line slightly (easier than the header) to give an extra mm or so clearance, but it's never caused any problems (at the end of the day, the two are in proximity for only a short distance). One day, I may invest in some exhaust wrap, and wrap the headers - partially at least, which should reduce heat transfer into the line. Those look just like mine - there's a picture of mine in the 'Spaghetti' thread somewhere. Ah yes...

'95 900 Superlight IV #064

Mods are: K&N filter, airbox lid on with rubber trumpets removed, MBP collets, full SMI (SilMoto Italia) spaghetti exhaust with 'open' carbon cans, 41mm FCR's - #182 mains!, Barnett alloy clutch basket, Oberon slave cylinder, Ohlins fork springs, Ohlins rear shock, Verlicchi swingarm.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome