$20,000 800 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2006, 6:41 am Thread Starter

$20,000 800

What the hell is this guy selling?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducat...07573814QQrdZ1 Its a cheaper version of the 800SS that was produced. Guess you have to pay extra for that non-adjustable suspension, silver bodywork and steel swingarm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2006, 7:46 am

funny thing is, over on Speedzilla there are guys discussing contacting DNA to check the production numbers and then buy it... "What if it really is rare"...

I say the guy gets an a+ for advertising, and a nomination from the democrats for president based on his ability to spin info.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2006, 8:28 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduc21
What the hell is this guy selling?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducat...07573814QQrdZ1 Its a cheaper version of the 800SS that was produced. Guess you have to pay extra for that non-adjustable suspension, silver bodywork and steel swingarm

Yeah, he's pretty determined too,,,

https://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=7858

Oz

2002 900 SS senna
1974 CB200T
New England Desmo Owners - www.nedoc.org

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2006, 7:42 pm

THIS is PRICELESS

Q: Could you tell me please what makes this the special edition you claim it is? Its a beautiful bike, but I don't understand what makes it a collectable. Is it the color combination? Also, could you please tell me the vin# so that I can authenticate the bike's condition as well as its status as a collectors item. Thank you very much. Brennan Jul-19-06

A: Sure, I would be happy to tell you. It is partly the colors since it was the first time Ducati came out with these, it was partly the fact that they had lowered the MSRP from what used to be very high, and partly because of the new engine design and numbering they came up with, but most importantly, they used these facts to decide that this was the best time to make these in such few numbers. I have to go to a friend's house where I have the bike stored to get the VIN number but I will definitely post it tomorrow night. Another easy way to verify how many of these there are, make sure you try to find another one for sale. If they say they have one (Which will most likely not be the case) then ask to see it or a picture. I assure you 100% it is not the 800 Sport. I know this for a fact because there are so few of these. Period. Also I already know that the SuperSport is the upgrading model of the 800 Sport. I am not trying to hide that at all, but that is not what makes this so valuable. There are tons of 800 SuperSports for sale, they made thousands of them. The reason they picked the 800 Sport to make so few of... I have no idea, but that is what they did. So once again, PLEASE, make sure you search for yourself! Go look and do your research, you will find out that what I am saying is true, plain and simple. Once again too, I will post the VIN tomorrow so everyone can make sure there is nothing wrong with it and that is really is an 800 Sport, not the SuperSport! Good luck and Happy Bidding!!!

It's because it's an ECONOMY version and it wasn't popular.

HAHAHAAHAHAHA
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2006, 8:31 pm

I think this was the same guy who advertised the same thing on Craigs List awhile back. I did let him down gently and explained to him he was a total ass and why, the true sport/supersport/ rarity bullshit, (I.M.H.O), and if you shopped shrewdly you could find the more "common supersport" with the better parts for around maybe $5000.00. He sent me back an angry e mail, stating if that was in fact the truth then why had he sold it in a day,(for $18,000) and that it was not the bike, but the Ducati limited production and how they (Ducati) may announce how rare these are some day. Perhaps even announce one of the vin numbers as a unique one that they (Ducati)may buy back for mucho dinero. Perhaps I should grab it while I can?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Note: The user you are contacting is registered on another eBay site and may speak a different language. Your message will be sent exactly as typed below.

HMMMM, Me thinks a foul smell is arising. HEHE!

BTW, I just sent him a question. Wonder if he will put it on the page. Doubt it.

Brian C.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2006, 9:50 am

why is the tank pad darker than the seat?

looks like a different seat than what came stock...

this guy is a tool....lol

Jan

FOR SALE - 2002 900SS: Galfer Wave rotors + Carbon front fender + Ducati Performance levers & high mount carbon cans + Cycle Cat clip-ons & triple tree + Evoluzione Slave Cylinder + Motowheels Slipper Clutch + Power Commander w/ custom map + Air box mod & K&N + MBP Touring Wind Screen + Penske front fork rebuild
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2006, 10:24 pm

This guy is watching too many Barret-Jackson auctions on the speed channel. He is confusing the value of a low production base model Cuda with a Hemi in it to a AMC Pacer that was low production because nobody wanted it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2006, 10:59 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuc
why is the tank pad darker than the seat?

looks like a different seat than what came stock...

seat is the right colour, Pad is the right colour, see the top edge of it for the other side of the bike? It's just a shadow being cast.. looks like he didn't use a fill flash, guessing it was an overcast day too from the wet driveway.

reading the post from our other thread on this sale, he sure knows how to try to sell salt water to New Orleans.

Mal

insert witty comments here...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 2006, 11:19 pm

my favorite lines are

With the red and black coloring, unless you know a lot about bikes, you will think this is from 2000 or so! (refering to ninja)

and

The latest information I have is that if there were even a couple of hundred made, this bike should be worth about $80K-$90K in 10 years from Production. This would be 2013. Not too long for that much money! Imagine how much this would be worth if there really is only 25???? This is an amazing deal! And don't forget about the free Ninja!

This guy is my hero

FOR SALE

'05 Ducati 999 black mono
520 gold chain 14 front 38 rear
SSR black anodized GP shift rearsets
Paulimoto Gold vented clutch cover
Ceramic coated and heat wrapped pipes with termi half system
Sargent seat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode