900SS Custom Cafe Racer -- DUCATI-- Union Motorcycles Build - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2018, 9:11 pm Thread Starter

900SS Custom Cafe Racer -- DUCATI-- Union Motorcycles Build

What do you think this will sell for?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	904954  

2008 Hypermotard 1100S, 2004 Green Ducati.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2018, 9:56 pm

Nice looking - Might get a high bid of 12.75K.......prolly less than what is in it.

Dr. More Evil Than That Other Dr. Evil Evil
1995 900SS
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 12:10 am

Garage

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 12:15 am Thread Starter

The build page.
Union Motorcycle Classics | The Bikes

900ss high pipe.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Ha.
The seller sounds like an absolute toolbag.

"To give you a sense of myself, the seller, I own a number of other Ducati including an MH900e, 748R and Hypermotard as well as Aprilia RS250, and other exotics. I recently owned the #8 Britten, and the #3 Cagiva 500. And yes, that's a Performante in the background. "

Ooh. You own some fancy stuff.... therefore this bike is ALSO fancy and I should want it more (and pay more for it)!
apriliacati and motolust like this.

95 900SS/SP #210
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 7:07 pm
Prolific Poster Award

That’s pretty rude, thrasher. Sounds like a serious case of jealousy. Grow up.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher_s View Post
Ha.
The seller sounds like an absolute toolbag.

"To give you a sense of myself, the seller, I own a number of other Ducati including an MH900e, 748R and Hypermotard as well as Aprilia RS250, and other exotics. I recently owned the #8 Britten, and the #3 Cagiva 500. And yes, that's a Performante in the background. "

Ooh. You own some fancy stuff.... therefore this bike is ALSO fancy and I should want it more (and pay more for it)!
Actually that is pretty good salesmanship for a prospective Silicon Valley purchaser....

Dr. More Evil Than That Other Dr. Evil Evil
1995 900SS
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Garage
Quote:
What do you think this will sell for?
Whatever someone decides to pay. Not to sound too simpleminded when bikes turn into more art than motorcycle it all depends on whether the item matches up with another persons taste.

I am sure that the bike will sell for less than the cost to build one so if you truly love it you should get in on the bidding as often people who try and build one themselves fall short. Not that it can not be replicated just that the builders have a few under their belt and have already made all the mistakes you are about to make and know now not to make them.

I am probably not one to listen to as I am already so over "cafe bikes" with useless ergonomics and all the functionality of a chopper. I am ready for all the builders to move on to the next segment since choppers and cafes have been done to death maybe they should move into customized touring bikes. come on you can just picture all the cool kids riding around with king and queen seats made out of purple suede with CB radios and radios blasting out of vintage 8-track plyers..... did Purple rain ever make it out on 8-track? probably not better get a cassette player.
SwiftFF5 and Sherpa23F like this.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2018, 10:33 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducvet View Post
I am sure that the bike will sell for less than the cost to build one so if you truly love it you should get in on the bidding as often people who try and build one themselves fall short.
Not interested in the Bike as a purchase I already own a 06 Mono. Interested more from a curiosity of what it
will bring it seems like you stated the Cafe Racer craze seems to be dying down as the prices and demand for
the Sport Classic's seems to be down now even the Paul Smart prices are coming down though not as fast.
On the upside the only reason I own my 06 is because the price was reasonable I would not have paid what
they were going for a few years ago to own it.
I feel there will always be a Market for Cafe Racer's as they seem to be a classic style of bike that most riders and non riders like even if they will never own one. The SC gets more attention than any other bike I have owned and that is not why I bought and not always a good thing.

Last edited by hypermo; Apr 11th, 2018 at 10:50 pm.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2018, 7:52 am

Garage
Quote:
there will always be a Market for Cafe Racer's as they seem to be a classic style of bike that most riders and non riders like even if they will never own one
Very true, but often it is the styling/build that makes them more art or toy than a motorcycle that will get used much. The factory "customs" often have compromises or are not exactly how we want them in comparison but are usually MUCH more functional. The sport classics were this way, I did not care for some of the things they did in building the bikes (mostly due to them being too fat looking) but have ridden all of them and feel they are a pretty decent motorcycle regardless of what they look like so that is a win overall.

Many of the hand built's will have components where they should not be or seats that are about as comfortable as sitting on a phone book which is actually not an issue as they have lowered the seat and raised the pegs so you are actually setting on your heels. Again for short rides and as art I think there is a place for these bikes as I like the looks of a well assembled two wheel vehicle. It is a good reminder of how hard the job really is at the manufacturer level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode