Forced restoration of 900SS after finding crack in frame. - Page 47 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #461 of 462 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2019, 7:35 am
Prolific Poster Award

This is going to be one amazing SuperSport !

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #462 of 462 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2019, 12:33 am Thread Starter

I am actually building 4 bikes now, very similar to each other 3 with 944 engines but each has a slightly different spec.

Bike one
Fuel injected, full digital dash, everything carbon std frame with gusset modification. Dual plug heads with Schrik cams Inconel 625 2-1 exhaust

Bike two (currently in storage and waiting for me to pick it up)
Carbs (FCR's) std dash, everything carbon.Dual plug heads with Schrik cams Inconel 625 2-1 exhaust

Bike three
As per bike one but has Ohlins forks, O/S titanium tube frame, carbon everything. Dual plug heads with Schrik cams Inconel 625 2-1 exhaust.
I am working on the frame drawings as I can get all the tubes bent up and supplied as a kit ready for final fitment and welding.

Bike four
1200 version of bike three, race cams, staged shower type injectors with opposing blade throttle bodies, light weight track only bike Half frame with carbon sub frame based on a 916 race bike seat unit.
Special tumble style heads with variable intake length ducts.

I have been asked to build a titanium replica of a DB1 frame and a heap of moulds for various Bimota models that guys are getting out of Japan at the moment and using for race bikes. but I have put that on hold at the moment until I at least get a bike for me to ride up and running. The bike that I have in storage at present is all together and very low mileage but has been in a low side drop resulting in smashed lh fairing and busted master clutch and controls. On the positive side it is low millage and is other wise in good shape so I have aheap of bits that I can part out off it once replacements are built. I hope to have it all finished ready for next summer all going well (Oct/Nov).

Last edited by Combi245; May 13th, 2019 at 12:54 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode