Integrated TURN SIGNALS in MIRRORS - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2008, 5:02 pm Thread Starter

goyaohboyajr - you're right it was a good choice to get these to get rid of the stock HARRY POTTER BOX DVD set stock signals!!!! LOL

To all - thank you all for your feedback. I'm still figuring out if I should simply get NEW brighter incandescent 10w + bulbs, or LED bulbs?

I'm even thinking of INTERCHANGING the mirrors altogether....i know there's a small hole at the bottom of each of the mirrors to allow water to pour out and would probably cover it and make a new one at the bottom, once they are switched. They definitely would show MORE of the lights facing forward more!

I dunno..just a thought....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2008, 3:44 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITACUD750 View Post
They definitely would show MORE of the lights facing forward more!

I dunno..just a thought....
I think the situation is more the very low intensity of the bulb than the position/angle. When I have made my LED inserts I'll let you know

Morten, SS1000DS (2005)

Mods: DP pipes, ecu, air filter, mirror indicators and solo seat. 42t sprocket & DID chain. MPL billet sprocket cover, clutch cover & pressure plate. Carbon belt covers, hugger and front fender. Rear fender eliminator and integrated tail light. MRA double bubble screen. Galfer wave rotors. Rizoma billet aluminium fluid resevoirs and bar end weights.
Mods in progress: Billet top triple, ETI fuel cell, custom half fairing and new paintwork, maybe tricolore?
post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2008, 7:19 pm

Quote:
goyaohboyajr Quote:
Originally Posted by catilover
i have some of these but after market, they cost me $79.95 nzd
i found that the LED's are not that great but like s14unimog said, who cares, they look good! lol
i just bought a set for john of this site and he seems to like them also, for his 2000 900ss

yours also doesnt say "Ducati Performance" on the glass, do they?
no mine dont say "ducati performance" i can write it in there tho and save $100! lol they are mirrors, lok good and work the same haha.
i dropped a pair off this weekend for a guy with a 2000 900ss and they look awsome

post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2008, 12:03 pm Thread Starter

Do any of you know if there are incandescent bulbs higher than 10 watts for these turn signals?

Again, for the mirrors we've been talking about below:

http://www.ducati.com/shop/product.j...equestid=72942
post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2008, 12:29 pm

so I got mine, like I had said, and the one thing I've noticed is that they are really pointy and they seem to stick out more than I had hoped. I ended up trading my severely dented and rusted tank for them so at least I don't have too much cash value invested.

Personally if I had to buy them again, I wouldn't....

But I guess at least they are better than having stock blinkers and stock mirrors. I guess....

^ try your link, it still not working like you want
post #16 of 112 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2008, 1:15 pm

@ITACUD750

You could check with Clearalternatives: http://clearalternatives.com/Merchan...ory_Code=Bulbs

Morten, SS1000DS (2005)

Mods: DP pipes, ecu, air filter, mirror indicators and solo seat. 42t sprocket & DID chain. MPL billet sprocket cover, clutch cover & pressure plate. Carbon belt covers, hugger and front fender. Rear fender eliminator and integrated tail light. MRA double bubble screen. Galfer wave rotors. Rizoma billet aluminium fluid resevoirs and bar end weights.
Mods in progress: Billet top triple, ETI fuel cell, custom half fairing and new paintwork, maybe tricolore?
post #17 of 112 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2008, 3:50 pm Thread Starter

I've found this website, but these bulbs are for CARS.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Here's the mirrors with TURN SIGNALS link again, for those who weren't able to open it?

http://www.ducati.com/shop/product.j...equestid=72942
post #18 of 112 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2008, 10:18 am
Excel Addict

Brighter bulbs

I changed my rear indicators for some brilliant little ones off eBay Australia - 21 W halogens and they are superbright. To modify integrated mirror or other indicators, find a supplier who can supply 21 W halogen lamps AND a BAY9S base. The Y means the locating pins are at 120 degrees rather than 180 (directly opposite) My rear indicators cost about AUD 47 delivered in Australia for a pair from eBay, so if you really wanted to, buy these, strip out the lamp base and lamp and stick them in the assembly you have.

Just search eBay Australia for "tiny halogen indicators" and ignore the bike type, they are all the same. Mine have done about 5,000 kM faultlessly.

Richard

Richard Collins - 2001 900SSie I have a 2 strike policy - 2 no responses from a poster = no more responses from me to any post by them. I have a good memory!
post #19 of 112 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2008, 1:27 pm Thread Starter

PUNCH - thanks I'll look into those.
post #20 of 112 (permalink) Old May 6th, 2008, 1:03 pm

Just finished my LED replacements for the weak bulbs... Much, much stronger flash (I used high intensity LED's) Man, during testing I looked directly into the diodes and I still have orange spots floating around in front of me

PS... They cost me around $30 for the pair and the LED's will last forever...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01903.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	31263   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01905.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	31264  

Morten, SS1000DS (2005)

Last edited by MB4duc; May 6th, 2008 at 2:47 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode