Integrated TURN SIGNALS in MIRRORS - Page 12 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 112 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 1:05 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkwright View Post
I guess I just find it easier to plug a different bulb into the OEM blinker assembly than to get an LED set up. Some have said the LED lights are dimmer than the OEM ones, so they are probably much dimmer than the 20W halogen ones. As much as some cagers ignore blinkers, I still think it's a good idea to go for brightness over anything else. I just hope I don't fry something with the 20W bulbs.

A HID headlight system is on my short list of things to do as well.
The 20W halogens are installed. They are much brighter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 112 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2009, 10:40 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
You need one resistor only for each assembly of 12 LEDs. The OEM indicators are 10W bulbs. Go to Tandy or similar and buy one 15 Ohm 5 Watt resistor for each complete LED assembly.

Solder the resistor onto the back of the circuit board between the red and black cables. It does not matter which way round the resistor goes as they are the same resistance either way round.

If you do not have a soldering iron, get a terminal strip like the attached image from Tandy or similar big enough to take the existing wires on the LED cicuit board. With a utility cut it so there are two terminals for each indicator/turn signal. Snip the red and black cables and wire the black and red cables back together in the two way terminal. When doing this put the resistor across the terminals between red and black. I have done a small jpg to show this.

When wiring the indicators to the bike connectors, red is positive and black is negative.

Richard
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sooooo sorry I took so long to get back on here to reveal my results.

RICHARD - YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!! Your above post worked like magic!!!

I bought 2: 15 Ohm 5 Watt resistors one for each of the LED boards I have (LED pic).

I used your diagram (LED and resistor pic) and my dad soldered it into place just like in your diagram.

THEY WORK PERFECTLY!!!!! And the Integrated rear-tail that I had on there already, does not have a resistor. But they all work FINE!!!!!!! I'm really happy that they work because I really was stressing over this for months.

THANKS AGAIN RICHARD!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LED.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	43434   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED and resistor.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	43435  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode