What have you done to/with your SS today? - Page 93 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #921 of 1181 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2018, 3:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangobravo View Post
My exhaust system was recently finished.
Please show some pics of your collector pipe.

Old Yellow SuperSport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #922 of 1181 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Back in the 90's we would head out to the wilds of Brooklyn's Floyd Bennet Field. This was NYC's first "airport" and the runways made for perfect high speed runs as well as a home to the MSF school. Today tended toward the latter. Instead of 125 mph I was practicing turns, avoidance maneuvers and hard braking at 25mph. Lol. Also scrubbing in the new Pirellis and refamiliarizing myself with lean angles. I had the whole place to myself and it was amazing. Possibly one of the last best days of the season here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floyd.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	887.0 KB
ID:	932497  
gs2offroad and Hot Air like this.
post #923 of 1181 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2018, 6:50 am

Garage
Got keen, and did a few things over the last couple of days - like fix my 'too bright' problem with my Lights On and High Beam dash LEDs. Really simple in the end - I just dabbed the end of the LEDs with a felt tip marker pen. Dropped the light output down so that they are still visible in the day, but not eye piercing bright at night. Photos to come in the 'Dim dash lights thread'. Also took some photos and measurements of my current suspension settings/preload/ride height - also to come in another thread. Then did the oil and filter change thing - and all set. So today, I headed off for a 400 km round trip to Auckland. To see my wife, and youngest son at Starship Hospital (childrens hospital). They've been there a week now (after several days in the local hospital - who were somewhat out of their depths with him), and looking like being there a few more days yet. Sadly no good ending on this one, just trying to deal with his pain levels.

The plus side was that the weather was great, and traffic not too bad (for a Friday). I even managed to avoid the local cops speed trap - but the cager that had been trying to catch me didn't! Heh - I'd been aware of his lights catching me for some time - but I have the advantage in traffic, and had opened up a good gap - and into a high patrol rate area, I was sitting at a pretty exact 102kph, and those lights were closing... Then I was past the cop sitting on the side of the road, and no reaction. But I got to the end of the next straight, and 'those lights' - never came back into view. I didn't see any blue and reds come on, but ...
V8S4 likes this.

'95 900 Superlight IV #064

Mods are: K&N filter, airbox lid on with rubber trumpets removed, MBP collets, full SMI (SilMoto Italia) spaghetti exhaust with 'open' carbon cans, 41mm FCR's - #182 mains!, Barnett alloy clutch basket, Oberon slave cylinder, Ohlins fork springs, Ohlins rear shock, Verlicchi swingarm.

post #924 of 1181 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 2018, 1:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb64 View Post
Got keen, and did a few things over the last couple of days - like fix my 'too bright' problem with my Lights On and High Beam dash LEDs. Really simple in the end - I just dabbed the end of the LEDs with a felt tip marker pen. Dropped the light output down so that they are still visible in the day, but not eye piercing bright at night. Photos to come in the 'Dim dash lights thread'. Also took some photos and measurements of my current suspension settings/preload/ride height - also to come in another thread. Then did the oil and filter change thing - and all set. So today, I headed off for a 400 km round trip to Auckland. To see my wife, and youngest son at Starship Hospital (childrens hospital). They've been there a week now (after several days in the local hospital - who were somewhat out of their depths with him), and looking like being there a few more days yet. Sadly no good ending on this one, just trying to deal with his pain levels.

The plus side was that the weather was great, and traffic not too bad (for a Friday). I even managed to avoid the local cops speed trap - but the cager that had been trying to catch me didn't! Heh - I'd been aware of his lights catching me for some time - but I have the advantage in traffic, and had opened up a good gap - and into a high patrol rate area, I was sitting at a pretty exact 102kph, and those lights were closing... Then I was past the cop sitting on the side of the road, and no reaction. But I got to the end of the next straight, and 'those lights' - never came back into view. I didn't see any blue and reds come on, but ...
G'day Steve

I hope the SS gives you some joy and takes your mind off other things in your life at the moment. Whatever ends up happening, I hope it can be the best possible in a difficult time. Stay safe.

Regards

Muddy
V8S4 likes this.

'95 900 SS - one day a Café Racer!
post #925 of 1181 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 2018, 3:36 pm
Prolific Poster Award

I bought a junk set of adjustable Showa forks because they had good sliders and I had a bad one. I gutted them , one fork cap is broken but other than that they’re in good shape. I’m going to put new seals in them and transfer the GSXR guts over to them. I could put the stock Showa stuff back in mine and sell them, or keep them for spare parts. It appears the GSXR slider could be used in the Ducati forks if I cut them to the correct length.
V8S4 likes this.

'96 Ducati SS900CR, '07 S4RS, '06 Busa, '77 Bonny,
'00 Superglide, '85 Sportster, '78 SR500
post #926 of 1181 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Garage
Installed a new fuel filler cap in the fill cap carrier after cleaning all the old nasty paint out of the carrier.
Before:

After:
TheClaw900 and RockAZ like this.

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo
post #927 of 1181 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2018, 3:39 pm

trying to get enough charge out of the battery to run it enough for the gas stabilizer to hit the carbs. I've waited WAY too long to try and winterize things.

I'm also building a stand to support the front end while the forks are being re worked.

'93 900/944SS
'85 F1A
...some Jeeps to pull the trailer with
post #928 of 1181 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Built a stand so I can service the forks. I can't claim the concept. Might have seen it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181209_194536_HDR.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	5.44 MB
ID:	933455   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181209_194631_HDR.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	5.09 MB
ID:	933457   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181209_194719_HDR.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	5.14 MB
ID:	933467  
Iwannaduc, duc96cr and john.kozyn like this.

'93 900/944SS
'85 F1A
post #929 of 1181 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Garage
Well done. I like the use of the Samco hose to prevent damaging the frame....sean

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo
post #930 of 1181 (permalink) Old Dec 10th, 2018, 7:39 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannaduc View Post
Well done. I like the use of the Samco hose to prevent damaging the frame....sean
Thought about that but as long as it's not getting jostled too much I thought duct tape would be enough.

'93 900/944SS
'85 F1A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode