What have you done to/with your SS today? - Page 43 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #421 of 1211 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2016, 3:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob in Oz View Post
"Opened up" the mufflers on my '96 900SS.

Took this out:

And replaced with:

(plus fibreglass mat packing)

Sounds much better and "feels" quicker...
Nice job Rob.

'95 900 SS - one day a Caf Racer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 1211 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2016, 6:37 am

Garage
Didn't do it just today but this winter. Disassembled and changed frame and wheel color. Open clutch cover bar end mirrors. Made some mirror caps changed out hugger for cf one. New grips,belts,oil change and reaealed main shaft. Also made fender eliminator and new tires. Also re sprayed lower fairing had scratches and cored mufflers. Just bought it in the fall. I should be set for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1456662891297.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	447.7 KB
ID:	678170   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1456662932628.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	449.6 KB
ID:	678178   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1456662965846.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	510.7 KB
ID:	678186  
post #423 of 1211 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2016, 9:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevincj View Post
Didn't do it just today but this winter. Disassembled and changed frame and wheel color. Open clutch cover bar end mirrors. Made some mirror caps changed out hugger for cf one. New grips,belts,oil change and reaealed main shaft. Also made fender eliminator and new tires. Also re sprayed lower fairing had scratches and cored mufflers. Just bought it in the fall. I should be set for a while.
Looks outstanding! Restored to her former glory. Glad she found a new home.

I agree, I like the silver frame and wheels better with the yellow bikes (and gold with red).

With the cored exhaust and opened air box might want to consider adjusting the ECU map next.

post #424 of 1211 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2016, 10:24 am

Garage
Over the last few weeks I have been getting my SS ready for my first track day (tomorrow). I just finished up this morning and put the fairings back on!!!
This is what I have done so far:
-Sag adjustment
-Throttle body synchronization
-ECU flashed with race map
-Frame sliders
-Replaced a missing camshaft-bearing cover gasket (previous owner was a monster)
-Belt change
-Gause air filter
-New Pirelli tires
-Renthal grips
-Changed all fluids
-Removal of:
--EVAP canister
--Blinkers
--Mirrors
--Rear fender

This was everything I could think to do before my first time out but I am sure my track experience will leave me with a new list of things to work on for the next time! Having done some minor work on the bike, I am starting to feel more comfortable and am looking forward to taking on more ambitious projects in the future!

2003 Supersport 800
2006 Multistrada 620
post #425 of 1211 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2016, 11:21 am

Garage
Thanks ducati doc. Bike already had air box cut and ecu programmer. You don't happen to be from Michigan?
post #426 of 1211 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2016, 12:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevincj View Post
Thanks ducati doc. Bike already had air box cut and ecu programmer. You don't happen to be from Michigan?
The box was already cut (guy before me). Didn't rememebr that it had the power commander on it. That's an easy thing to do then; either the crew at Ducati Detroit can dyno it or sometimes the dyno class at WCC will. Of course it totally depends on how she rides now with the new cored exhaust and if it's to your liking.

Yeah I'm the guy who sold you the bike. Glad you found your way to these forums. People around here are outstanding, and there's oceans of ducati knowledge to be had reading some of these pages.

Glad you got that seal changed out too. Damn thing always bothered me but just didn't have the space/setup/time to tackle it and frankly just wasn't leaking enough yet.
post #427 of 1211 (permalink) Old Feb 29th, 2016, 7:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob in Oz View Post
Took this out:
And replaced with: (plus fibreglass mat packing)...
Looks interesting Rob, the new perforated tube is similar to my old Triumph TOR can. Did you use Acoustifil, or a generic brand filler?
post #428 of 1211 (permalink) Old Feb 29th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy60 View Post
Got the screen and lights fitted.

Regards

Muddy
Muddy,

I did some searching but couldn't seem to find out what brand half fairing you are using on your cafe build. I really like the double headlights. If you wouldn't mind sharing where you got it I'd like to know? Did it come with the windshield?

Do you have a build thread?

Thanx,
Jaysin
post #429 of 1211 (permalink) Old Feb 29th, 2016, 10:59 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrss View Post
Looks interesting Rob, the new perforated tube is similar to my old Triumph TOR can. Did you use Acoustifil, or a generic brand filler?
Hi GRSS

Don't know the brand, I got it for free from a friend who bought it from the states years ago to pack a Harley muffler. Fortunately, he's since reformed and has a Sport Classic Duc...
It's well-sized for the Duc muffler, being 400mm wide, just right to fill the length.

Rob
1996 900 Supersport
post #430 of 1211 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2016, 5:25 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysinSpaceman View Post
Muddy,

I did some searching but couldn't seem to find out what brand half fairing you are using on your cafe build. I really like the double headlights. If you wouldn't mind sharing where you got it I'd like to know? Did it come with the windshield?

Do you have a build thread?

Thanx,
Jaysin
G'day Jaysin

No sorry I have not got a build thread - to be honest, I've been so abysimally slow that I really could not do a "real-time" thread justice. I was gunna cheat when I finished and do the tread over a few weeks that represented the 3+ years I've been working on it.

I purchased the fairing and screen from this Phil Hitchcock at Road and Race Gear in Australia:

Road and Race Ducati Parts - Italian Motorcycle Dealer

Phil was a lot of help and may make the fairings or import them - not sure. The screen is stamped Slipscreen Australia and they may be the source of the fairing as well.

http://www.handcraftfibreglass.com.au/

Harris Performance Products in the UK also make the fairing and I got the headlights to suit from them.

Harris Performance UK - Performance bike parts UK - Ohlins Shocks and Steering Damper Products

If I had my time again, I'd probably look at the Harris products first up. Google images of "Harris Ducati" and see some of the beautiful work they do. Their web site lists a whole raft of goodies.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Muddy

'95 900 SS - one day a Caf Racer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode