$8k, Starter, I Don't Get It . . . - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 2:37 pm

Everybody thinks is crazy that I use only 2 fingers for the clutch, but I've been doing it now for close to 20 years. I have also played guitar for 20 years..and I know my left hand fingers are much stronger than the average person's fingers. So maybe that is why I don't feel it...

'06 Ducati Supersport 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 7:07 pm

Oh, well if you always use 2 fingers for the SS clutch anyway, no problem.

And the shorties DO look great!

2006 800ss (Sold)
2007 Bonneville Black
2008 Hayabusa
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2008, 1:59 pm

I would rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2008, 3:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tminus3 View Post
The only thing that really bothers me, is the lack of aftermarket support for the SS. Everything is 749,999,848 and 1098. Even the Monster and Hypermotard have more aftermarket support than the SS. That aspect of it bothers me a bit, which will eventually be one of the main reasons I will shift over to one of the superbikes. It won't be just for power.
I just talked with one of my buddies about the opposite point: I have so much aftermarket stuff on my SS now (see signature), that I'm piling boxes in the basement with all the original parts...

This weekend I just added a new clutch slave and since the company I bought the clutch slave from also have these cool CNC machined fuel caps I just ''happened'' to buy one of them also. If I continue like this I will have the entire original bike in parts in my basement, so I guess I'm happy that there is a lack of aftermarket support for the SS

Morten, SS1000DS (2005)

Mods: DP pipes, ecu, air filter, mirror indicators and solo seat. 42t sprocket & DID chain. MPL billet sprocket cover, clutch cover & pressure plate. Carbon belt covers, hugger and front fender. Rear fender eliminator and integrated tail light. MRA double bubble screen. Galfer wave rotors. Rizoma billet aluminium fluid resevoirs and bar end weights.
Mods in progress: Billet top triple, ETI fuel cell, custom half fairing and new paintwork, maybe tricolore?
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2008, 5:48 pm

hey tminus3, i've been on bikes since i was 7, but because of getting clobbered by an old lady 12 years ago, i've just now gotten back on! got a used 05 800ss AND I BY GOD HAVE NOT MISSED A LICK!!! been freakin doggin this thing and it is EVERYTHING that i could imagine from a bike! period!!! by the way, even though i'm 44, i too am a guitarist(bass)! so yeah i'm feelin ya on the clutch thing. BUT sometimes the old left wrist and forearm still gripes at me a bit if i'm out for 3 or 4 hours or more. and this is from a guy who still can rip on "master of puppets"(mettallica), "tornado of souls"(megadeth), "mouth for war"(pantera), etc. know what? anybody that would question my 800 I SAY THIS: BRING IT! Richie the "metalhead". keep on jammin bro!
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
hey tminus3, i've been on bikes since i was 7, but because of getting clobbered by an old lady 12 years ago, i've just now gotten back on! got a used 05 800ss AND I BY GOD HAVE NOT MISSED A LICK!!! been freakin doggin this thing and it is EVERYTHING that i could imagine from a bike! period!!! by the way, even though i'm 44, i too am a guitarist(bass)! so yeah i'm feelin ya on the clutch thing. BUT sometimes the old left wrist and forearm still gripes at me a bit if i'm out for 3 or 4 hours or more. and this is from a guy who still can rip on "master of puppets"(mettallica), "tornado of souls"(megadeth), "mouth for war"(pantera), etc. know what? anybody that would question my 800 I SAY THIS: BRING IT! Richie the "metalhead". keep on jammin bro!
What?

No Motorhead?

2006 800ss (Sold)
2007 Bonneville Black
2008 Hayabusa
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2008, 6:54 pm

Master of puppets is played out, no offense, I'm a huge Metallica fan just tired of hearing that song everytime I turn on a rock station.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2008, 7:03 pm

Hell yeah Doc! "ace of spades" Baby!!!! and spcT: okay i gotcha, how about "death blooms" by Mudvayne?! but the real deal is: ridin a supersport is WAY BAD! ya feelin me? peace my friends! Rich
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2008, 5:39 pm

been riding my '07 ss800 for little more than a year now. it was my first ducati, my first bike ever.

i must say it's been a great first bike. mainly because it is easy to right and for the most part, it doesn't make you pay if you screw up. so i really don't know what other bikes do when you screw up, but the ss800 has never "gone out of control" on me. only once did i put her down and that was my fault.

the other thing i like about this bike is it's plenty fast and plenty of power if you want it. if you want to ride pleasantly, you get that too. i thought i wanted to get the 848 but i've decided to stay another year on the ss800. with a little over 6k miles on it, i feel i still need some experience riding and i'm in no hurry to "move up" to a superbike. even when i do decide to move up, i will keep the ss800 always.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2008, 6:02 pm

Thumbs up

My carb'd 900SS was my first bike, rode my mates 900SS a few days after getting my bike licence and had mine a few days later, one ride convinced me I could learn on this bike and then enjoy it for the long term, almost 5 years on I haven't contemplated selling the SS once.

I've ridden a few quick jap bikes and end up thinking wow so much top end power. But I get back on the SS and get on the throttle out of a few corners aggressive and I am again convinced its not top end power that gives me a buzz its the way I can get on the power early and aggressive on the SS and really get an adrenalin rush, perfect for the street I'd say whatever level rider you are.

Carb'd 900SS is perfection ...

"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright red, hunchback, warp-speed 900cc café racer is one of them -- but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one" Hunter S. Thompson

Bikes:
1994 900 Supersport R.I.P.
1997 900 Supersport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode