Spaghetti source - Page 20 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 287 (permalink) Old Dec 19th, 2012, 12:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZR_Ranger View Post
I was just wondering yesterday if how your work on your pipes was going, ThrottleJock.

It looks real nice. How's it seem to be running? Is that can custom as well?

Ranger

I actually haven't been up to his shop to see, hear, and dyno the bike, I've been tied up with work (baaah) and an SR500 project that's going off the deep end in a good way. That is a custom can, all hand built. We tried a few designs early on but settled on a pretty standard but LARGE perforated stainless core with "permanent" stainless steel packing and welded end, same as you'd see on a Staintune or similar but larger in diameter. He's experimenting with stepping up the headers to meet the baffle like you'd see on one of the systems he builds for race cars. Looks like he's stepping up in size a couple times here, with largest diameter through the core of the baffle.

The design I think I'm going to eventually go with will appear similar to what you see here with the headpipes to the point that they join, but I want them to Y out again and terminate in dual stacked baffles, sort of like what you'd see on an MV Agusta Brutale. The crossover section would be where it is now, tucked up under the lower right side of the swingarm instead of in the stock "bus-stop" location behind the center rear of the case.

He's designing it to tuck up as tight as possible under the bike; pegs will be the first thing to drag and the headers and can(s) should never hit ground (unless you're crashing).

I can't wait to hear it run. I'll have to work on the jetting a bit I'm sure, this is a much less restrictive setup than the Staintunes that came off of it... but it'll be a fun process to see, hear, and feel the results.

Once the final versions are made we'll be measuring them up and storing the design in CAD in case there's any interest in a "production" version of the header setup or full system. I'll keep you posted!

'94 900SS/CR 944
'07 Gas Gas 300 Raga
'80 Yamaha SR500 brat/bobber thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 287 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Three more pictures. Getting close. The first two are of a short baffle. It BARKS.

The third photo is of a longer baffle, much mellower tone. I'm going to work on jetting a bit and get to the dyno eventually but wanted to give a quick progress report. I'll drag my camera to the shop and get some decent pictures this weekend as well; it's hard to see the details of the welds, the moto/race inspired spring retainers, etc from these crappy phone pics.

'94 900SS/CR 944
'07 Gas Gas 300 Raga
'80 Yamaha SR500 brat/bobber thing
post #193 of 287 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 4:24 am

I really like where your going with this.Id like it even more with a muffler like this if it could be quietened down a bit.cheers Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6a00d83420789753ef01676741dd2f970b-800wi.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	123962   Click image for larger version

Name:	6a00d83420789753ef01676741e1d3970b-800wi.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	123963  

post #194 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2013, 11:14 pm

What will be the high bid?

Crazy, crazy, crazy..........
You could buy 3 sets of Dunlop Q2s for this much, but I'm betting $750.
Any takers?

Termignoni Spaghetti System Ducati 900 SS SP | eBay

Mike in Tacoma
"an analog man in a digital world"

'96 900 SS/SP
'08 S2r 1000 Monster
'02 ST4s (gone bye-bye)
'08 DR650 (she gets lonely sitting in the corner)

IBA 38181
post #195 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2013, 12:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowster69 View Post
I really like where your going with this.Id like it even more with a muffler like this if it could be quietened down a bit.cheers Greg
What the he!! ?? Since when does a Ducati have a rear facing intake port on the vertical cylinder??
post #196 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInCND View Post
What the he!! ?? Since when does a Ducati have a rear facing intake port on the vertical cylinder??
and F1 owners are saying "What the he!! ?? Since when does a Ducati have a rear facing exhaust port on the vertical cylinder??"

the rear facing exhaust port started with the Paso 750 (I think)... There are many bad a$$ Ducatis out there with a rear facing carb on the vertical cylinder

Gray
post #197 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrgray View Post
and F1 owners are saying "What the he!! ?? Since when does a Ducati have a rear facing exhaust port on the vertical cylinder??"

the rear facing exhaust port started with the Paso 750 (I think)... There are many bad a$$ Ducatis out there with a rear facing carb on the vertical cylinder

Gray
Thanks for the info I learned something today.
post #198 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenInCND View Post
Thanks for the info I learned something today.
Not only that, but there are dudes out there who will turn your 900SS ito a Pantah lookalike with front facing exhaust on the rear cylinder head!

Hamish, ex Britten Motorcycle Company

'89 900SS now Superdue: '95 cases, close ratio box, XX9R Ohlins R&T front end, Monoblocs, Speedymoto Upper Triple, Apex Clip-ons, 5 spoke Marchesinis, Bespoke discs, Hel Lines, Carbon/Composite tank with c/f filler, carbon Supermono fairing, dual projector beam headlights, billet rearsets, carbon 955 Corsa tail, 944cc, Lightweight flywheel/Barnett clutch, Aluminium Plates, DP Cams, ported heads, 41mm split FCRs with 90mm CNC velocity stacks, 45mm Spaghetti pipes with carbon cans, Ignitech, Dyna Coils, Magnecor wires, Ohlins shock, 1000DS swingarm. Lots of Carbon and Titanium. EVERYTHING else is custom. Just about finished...

Plus
'95 900SS/SP: Bought May '11.
07 Aprilia Tuono: Sold. '06 GSX-R1000: Full Ohlins: Sold. (written off same day by MadMartin!) '03 Monster 620ie: Sold. '00 Aprilia Mille R: Sold. (Gone but not forgotten) Several 750 Pasos, ZZR-1100, VFR750 and other small Hondas etc
post #199 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2013, 6:05 am

Hey frozenincnd if your interested in the ducati marque you should get the book " The Ducati Story" by Ian Falloon that will bring you up to speed.A great read about a company with a lot of history
post #200 of 287 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 2013, 10:11 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowster69 View Post
Hey frozenincnd if your interested in the ducati marque you should get the book " The Ducati Story" by Ian Falloon that will bring you up to speed.A great read about a company with a lot of history
In my 5 years I have had a Duc I have spent way too much time cruising the Ducati forums, and chatting with other owners, itís a addiction really (just ask my wife). I'm hoping to turn my attentions to Ferraris in the near future, you know because Iím not spending my money fast enough. I find printed Ducati information seems to almost none existent a Chapters, or other local book stores, at least where I live, I guess I should look a little closer at the online stores. Thanks for the heads up I will check it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode