New Duc owner (n00b questions) - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2006, 4:36 pm Thread Starter

New Duc owner (n00b questions)

Hi, I just picked up a 2003 SS 1000DS and have a few questions. I noticed on the registration that it is listed as a 1000F DS, what does the F mean and what does DS stand for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 2006, 4:39 pm

I know that DS is for dual spark but not sure about the other. Congrats on the bike though you will love it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:49 am

Talking

Hi

Ds stands for Dual sparkplugs, i am not sure about the F though could it stand for full farring perhaps, I have the exact same bike and i just love mine, hope you will to congrats on you amazing machine.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 5:12 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati1000ss
Hi

Ds stands for Dual sparkplugs, i am not sure about the F though could it stand for full farring perhaps, I have the exact same bike and i just love mine, hope you will to congrats on you amazing machine.
That makes sence about the F. I've noticed in all of the pictures that all of the supersports have a bar that goes over the back of the seat, but mine doesn't. Instead, the whole section is a black piece with no bar. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 2006, 5:25 am
Supermoderator - I´m special!

Garage
The bar is standard on all SS´s (Hey a triple S), but some owners take them off to make the bikes lines better. You can probably pick one up off Ebay or your local Ducati dealer.

Or maybe try the scrapers..

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, Öhlins mechatronics SCU and alot of mods to make up for poor skills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode