Brake issues thanks to a deer !? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:33 am Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
matstar750ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Posts: 18
Images: 3
Brake issues thanks to a deer !?

Hello All ,

After a nasty encounter with a small deer at approx 50 mph, i lost most of the bite from my front brake which i now know is due to a warped brake disc. I am, of course going to replace both the disc and the pads but would appreciate it if anyone could recommend whether i should get sintered (if not standard) , and whether it is possible to get a wavy disc .

Also, can you get the matt black paint for my 2001 750ss from a local ducati dealer ? Thanks for your replies .
matstar750ss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 11:44 am
Administrator
 
Rainman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, US of A
Posts: 5,809
Images: 15
Go for it.

Wave rotors are good, go for it if yan can afford it.

The dark paint is tough to match.
What I did was use a flat black paint, then coat it with a satin finish polyurethane.

Looks perfect!
Rainman is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 9:12 pm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,393
Smile Let's talk about whats really important here.

Good God Man ! A collision is one thing and new brakes are a good idea, but let's get to what is really important. How did you cook the Bambi ???



Quote:
Originally Posted by matstar750ss
Hello All ,

After a nasty encounter with a small deer at approx 50 mph, i lost most of the bite from my front brake which i now know is due to a warped brake disc. I am, of course going to replace both the disc and the pads but would appreciate it if anyone could recommend whether i should get sintered (if not standard) , and whether it is possible to get a wavy disc .

Also, can you get the matt black paint for my 2001 750ss from a local ducati dealer ? Thanks for your replies .

bevel 450

71 bevel desmo speciale ( in process )
93 888 SPO ( license #46 WLF )
94 M-900
02 ST4s
67 Norton P-11 Flat tracker for dedicated terror on the streets of Los Angeles ( license NOBRAKE) !
bevel450 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2006, 7:04 am Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
matstar750ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Posts: 18
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevel450
Good God Man ! A collision is one thing and new brakes are a good idea, but let's get to what is really important. How did you cook the Bambi ???
Well ! its interesting you should ask, bevel 450 .
A top chef might cook the venison carefully to keep the meat tender and then serve with a sauce with loads of french words in its name and a couple of severely undercooked vegetables , but me?................... Bambi burgers , avec le ketchup de tomate !!??

P.S; no offence to Vegetarians, Top chefs or the french .
matstar750ss is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2006, 9:33 am
Senior Member
 
zooom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA
Posts: 1,751
Images: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by matstar750ss
Well ! its interesting you should ask, bevel 450 .
A top chef might cook the venison carefully to keep the meat tender and then serve with a sauce with loads of french words in its name and a couple of severely undercooked vegetables , but me?................... Bambi burgers , avec le ketchup de tomate !!??

P.S; no offence to Vegetarians, Top chefs or the french .
Bambi burgers gooooooooooooooooooooooood
Bambi Stew better!!!!
zooom is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2006, 9:58 am Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
matstar750ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Posts: 18
Images: 3
Ref.Bambi,the ducati hardcore's recipes

Hey guys , heres us talking about cooking baby deer and at the bottom of the page there are related threads to 749 issues and electrical problems ..............................................er.. ..................go figure!!!!


ps no offence to vegetarians ,749's or 749 owners, people with electical problems or the people who run this marvellous site, gods that they are !
phew....... sucking up sure takes it out of ya. I'm goin for a lay down.
matstar750ss is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2006, 10:23 am
Administrator
 
Rainman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, US of A
Posts: 5,809
Images: 15
Matstar!

That is funny!

PC gone awry!

HA!
Rainman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2004 749s Issues? not really major? collateral Superbikes 17 Apr 28th, 2006 8:45 am
Charging issues?? spacemonkey Superbikes 12 Jan 21st, 2006 2:38 pm
? about 749S brake calipers. rashmaster Superbikes 1 Jan 21st, 2006 5:48 am
electrical issues stsuperbike Sport Touring 1 Jan 12th, 2006 3:32 pm

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome