Another Supersport track bike/resurrection Thread - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2013, 7:19 pm

I can vouch for the MW slipper clutch...definatly an improvement!

2000 900ss, Remus GP exhaust, Marchesinis, Karbacher monoposto, Motowheels slipper clutch, Shorai.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Garage
Why dont you go Carbon Fibre for the dash mount or Fibreglass??

post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2013, 9:10 pm Thread Starter

Garage
might make a carbon dash in the future, but I have access to a bit of very light sheet aluminum and its very easy to work with... besides, right now this is a "budget" trackbike build...

2005 999s (BST's, carbon tank, Braketech rotors, titanium here and there)
1998 916 (carbon everything but the seat and tank, Arrow cans)
1995 900ss trackbike project (Full D&D spaghetti system, 39mm FCR's, mono seat)

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2013, 8:44 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Got a few parts in over the last week and did a bit of work, thought Id share the progress:
Wanted to mount the ignitech as far from the coils as possible, keep it away from the heat of the exhaust and attempt to make it accessible for software adjustments without removing it. Decided to cut up some aluminum strip and make a mount where the headlight was, right under the dash. The zip ties are only temporary, going to use some double sticky tape and worm clamps to secure it. Ill have to lengthen a couple of the wires to make the wiring all tidy. Should be able to get to the serial cable connector without removing the fairings:

Installed the clutch master cylinder (from a 998)and brake master cylinder (999R, still working on the reservoir) and adjusted the clipons. The upper clamp is being painted black at the moment:

The part I'm really excited about is the aluminum dash panel. Material was free, so I decided on this instead of carbon or fiberglass. The tach will go on the right and the warning lights on the left, still have to cut the holes. I might use it to make a carbon dash later, but for now I really dig the aluminum!

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2013, 9:27 am

James...You must be the guy from LSB, right?? good luck with the build. We should meet up sometime for a ride. What track days are you doing this year?

2003 Aprilia Mille
Current Ducati ---Searching now.
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2013, 1:17 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Thats me! Miguel812 are planning a few: An entire weekend at Barber again, ofcourse putnam a couple times, Mid ohio after the AMA race and I really want to go to Road Atlanta! We meet up every weekend that the weather is nice at the thortans in new albany on 111 to ride, just look on the rides section.. somone always posts a meet up time there!

post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Would you have room on the Barber trip for another? I haven't been there in a few years and am itching to go back, IDK if I can make it happen, but I would like to try...when are you going?
I am thinking about trying to get a group to do Star School, would you have any interest in that?

2003 Aprilia Mille
Current Ducati ---Searching now.
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2013, 7:50 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Eric, there is always room for 1 more! we may have to procure a larger trailer though. I use a small single axle open 3 bike hauler, and I bring 2 bikes to the track, plus my buddy will have his GSXR.. We can put yours in the bed of the truck though. Ill have to think about the school.

post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2013, 8:10 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Updates on the 900ss:

Finally got the 999 Master cylinder done, brake lines are out to be modified for it now. Had to put the start button on the left grip due to the 999 brake master being a bit larger.. not enough room, anyone know if this will be a problem during tech inspection at the track?
The dash is temporarily mounted and the layout sketched, Tach on the right and warning lights on the left. The ignitech is mounted and all the wiring was ran. Had to lengthen 2 of the leads and tuck the wiring to try and have a professional looking install. I think I want to get new throttle cables and re route them along the frame instead of between the air box. They don't quite fit well enough for my liking at the throttle tube anyway, they are pressed against the fork tubes when the throttle tube is in the proper installed location.

Ive been getting alot of pm's about the exhaust, so Ill give a good description here. I bought the system from a guy here on MS. a few years ago, he said it is a D&D equal length system, ceramic coated. The exhaust cans were pretty ratty when I got it, bought the "monster" kit from DanMoto and they fit very well. Quality of the Danmoto welds and carbon is as good as anything else (maybe a bit better) and the price cant be beat..

post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmorgan View Post

Ive been getting alot of pm's about the exhaust, so Ill give a good description here. I bought the system from a guy here on MS. a few years ago, he said it is a D&D equal length system, ceramic coated. The exhaust cans were pretty ratty when I got it, bought the "monster" kit from DanMoto and they fit very well. Quality of the Danmoto welds and carbon is as good as anything else (maybe a bit better) and the price cant be beat..
I went on the DanMoto website. It looks like this is your exhaust:

Ducati Streetfighter all models Carbon GP [EX-00365] - $245.00

It seems the price has gone up a bit - but still quite the deal. I know my cans are a bit scratched up from the previous owner; this could be an affordable replacement.

Your bike looks like it's coming together awfully fast. Looks great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode