Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Supersport Pictures - Let's See 'Em

2M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  ducvet 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A beautiful day on the California Coast.

Attachments

See less See more
#2,761 ·
Supermono Conversion

Nice job!

How did you get the sliders mounted at the side fairings? I mounted Speedy Motos through the engine mount bolt, but the side fairings I used from Airtech mounted higher and the engine mount bolt would have had the slider go through the back horizontal slot. I've attached a photo of my bike. Did you use the Airtech bodywork?

It's good to see different variations on the Supermono theme.

#2,763 ·
Nice job!

How did you get the sliders mounted at the side fairings? I mounted Speedy Motos through the engine mount bolt, but the side fairings I used from Airtech mounted higher and the engine mount bolt would have had the slider go through the back horizontal slot. I've attached a photo of my bike. Did you use the Airtech bodywork?

It's good to see different variations on the Supermono theme.
Thanks.
The sliders just attach where the original bolts were. They replaced with a longer bolt that attaches to the existing mount. I'm not too sure how tough it would be if the bike actually went down.
I did use the Airtech bodywork. Bought it used. Now I'm just wondering about what decals to put on (if any)
I'm now toying with the idea of deleting the right side exhaust for a more accurate look, (and a bit of weight savings).
I recognize your bike. When I was planning my bike build, I would come across pics of it all the time on the web. Very nice.

#2,764 ·
Supermono Conversion

I noticed that your upper fairing is different at the center upper where the Ducati lettering is located. It seems to be more like the real Supermono. Did it come that way or did you modify it? I like the way that looks.

I also like the red mirrors you used--they look good.

By the way I had TapeWorks do the Supermono and Agip decals. Talk to Rob Masecar and tell him I suggested you contact him. A couple old photos are at: Sam Comb's Supermono with Tapeworks' stickers

The idea of a single exhaust pipe was something I considered, but just decided to go with the BlueFlame dual ports like the original Supermono.

#2,765 ·
I installed the panels the way I got them. Like I said, they were used so maybe the previous owner modified them. To be honest, I've only ever seen Airtech Supermono kits so I just assumed that's who they were made by. I could be wrong.
Thanks for the info on the decals.

#2,766 ·
I found some other pics of your bike and took a closer look at the front vent.
From what I can see, it looks the same as mine. The only difference (apart from your lights) is the way I painted mine black to better match the Supermono vent. Here's a better pic of the front while I was painting it:

BTW, what are the switches on the right side of your dash for?

#2,767 ·
Supermono Conversion

Okay, I can see now what you did. I think it looks better the way you did it--closer to the Supermono.

The three switches on the right side are for the side LED lights at the center slot, the fog lights (which are the main lights) and the top LED lights at the upper fairing slot (which you painted black). All the light switches are color coded and lit, orange for the LEDs' and red for the fog lights.

Cheers!

#2,769 ·
I had a chance to take a few nicer pics yesterday.

#2,771 ·
SCORE!!! I just won a set of ORIGINAL Supermono decals on eBay From Austrailia!! They will it just fine!!!

#2,776 ·
Supermono Conversion

Good to see you found some Tapeworks decals.

Other questions on your sliders--are those SpeedyMoto or another brand? Also, did you run a bolt through to both sides. I was thinking maybe a long threaded bolt that is then secured with flat plates and bolts to both sides of the frame where the existing body mount hole is located would provide some structural support if the bike ever did need to use the sliders. Is that what you did?

Thanks again!

#2,774 ·
'92 900ss

Hi Folks,
I have had this '92 900ss for a couple years and enjoy it more all the time. Upgrades include:

Lightweight (and fragile) F/G fairings
Solo seat
Gold valves
Progressive front springs
Separate brake and clutch reservoirs
Aftermarket slave cylinder
Barnett alloy clutch
15/39 sprocket w/520 chain
39mm flatslides
Aftermarket coils
Open airbox
12:1 pistons
D&D high mount cans
Rear fender eliminator
Frame sliders
Custom paint

I am not sure how the white wheels made it on the motorcycle as I know red '92's should have black wheels. Maybe it was originally black?

The decal scheme is a bit of a hodge podge but I have grown to like it. I added the white #1 numberplate to the tail section.

It could be the perfect motorcycle except that it really is not practical below 50 deg with the flatslides unless you want to risk permantly damage your wrists with the requirement to repeatedly pump the carbs.

I find the riding position perfect but the stock solo seat would probably be a pain after a few hours.

Attachments

#2,775 ·
Had my first real ride last night on my new-to-me '97 SS/SP after importing the bike to Canada from the U.S. and getting a new back tire (I think the one on it was original, no sh*t, 16K miles, can you say FLAT?). Took it nice and easy on a twisty road along the lake past wineries and orchards to scrub off the new rubber, I have already fallen in love with this bike with the exception of the stock seat. I have visions of me riding it with one of those thick sheepskin seatcovers that the cruisers favor, flappin' in the breeze... not.

#2,779 ·
Paul, my Keihins require 1-3 twists of the throttle to start the engine, and about 30 seconds of warming up before the engine will take throttle. That's in temperatures down to around 40. If it were my bike, I'd richen it up a bit in cooler weather to make it less of a hassle to start.

#2,781 ·
I Hate It When This Happens!

Actually, the officers were pretty cool and let us off with a verbal warning. Had a great 3-Day ride through central Pennsylvania. A lot of great roads and the SS ran great!

Ranger

#2,796 ·