inexpensive alternative parts list - Page 5 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2018, 2:28 am

Clutch pressure plate bearing

[QUOTE=Joe-B;1420128]NAPA:
Clutch pressure plate bearing: #6210
Clutch pushrod o-rings: #20[/QUOTE

Thanks Joe-B. Polite correction: this part number should be # 6201.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old Feb 11th, 2019, 11:43 am

Garage
Technirub.nl
Great place for all kinds of rubber stuff like o-rings and even tailor made rubber parts.

Vibration dampers to mount the oil cooler:
part nr: 70010111B
Ebay: 26$ or 23€ for set of two
Technirub: 2,1€ for set of two

European site! Check the shipping costs. (probably only interesting for Dutch, Belgian or German riders...)
Or for people who know someone in Holland who can forward the parts (at cheaper cost).
Hot Air likes this.

1997 Ducati 900 SS Full Fairing
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannaduc View Post
The SKF 639174 is apparently discontinued. I went to my local bearing supplier to order that part number. The roller cone, p/n 639172 is apparently still available, just not the set nor the bearing cup of the same 639174 p/n.

I did a bunch of research and found that there are pretty much an unlimited number of manufacturers who make the same bearing set. I found that bearings made by Timken matched the SKF number and when I clicked on application for that bearing, it matched that of a 1954 to 1962 Fiat 500 rear wheel bearing. You can search by that on any automotive supply site, Napa, Autozone and O'Reilly's included.

Anyway, I got a set of National Bearings from RockAuto for a whopping $32 delivered to my door. The National p/n is 07100 for the roller cone and 07204 for the outer cup. I measured the SKF bearings and they were more like 25.4mm rather than 26mm. That gave me the idea that they were actually fractional rather than metric. Once I researched by the size I came up with dozens more options than the now discontinued SKF bearings.

I work on mobile heavy equipment for a living. I've used National Bearings in varying applications for about 30 years now so I'm not worried about production quality. I would say the same of Timken or TRW. BTW, National is a Federal Mogul company out of Michigan. If that sorta thing bothers you, the bearings I received are made in Spain, not China....sean
Have to quote myself as for some reason, there is no edit option. What I wanted to share is, I finally got around to start assembling the front end on my 1993 Project bike. In doing so, I found that while the bearing set closely resembled the OEM set I removed, it was absolutely NOT the correct ID for the roller cone.

The 26mm diameter is correct. At least for the replacement steering stem/lower triple clamp I bought. The one that originally came with the project was completely thrashed. It could be the smaller diameter 25mm bearing set that I bought would fit that stem. I don't know, I didn't try. I ended up ordering a Corse Dynamics set from MotoWheels so I can continue with putting things together.

I just wanted to get it out there that the Fiat 500 wheel bearings were 25mm rather than 26mm so beware. Measure your particular steering stem before you buy...........sean

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2019, 11:43 pm

Garage
Measure once, swear twice, measure twice - swear twice. The early days Ducatis had some exceptions,...

1991 900SS
1995 900SS SP #746
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2019, 1:00 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianDuc900SS View Post
Technirub.nl
Great place for all kinds of rubber stuff like o-rings and even tailor made rubber parts.

Vibration dampers to mount the oil cooler:
part nr: 70010111B
Ebay: 26$ or 23€ for set of two
Technirub: 2,1€ for set of two

European site! Check the shipping costs. (probably only interesting for Dutch, Belgian or German riders...)
Or for people who know someone in Holland who can forward the parts (at cheaper cost).
Vibration dampers for oil cooler - for those who live in NZ or Australia:

NZ$12 each.

https://www.bearingandengineering.co...BER+MOUNT.html

For some reason the image didn’t load anymore from my bookmark above, but I bought these and they work nicely. The spec says max load 75.2Kg. Should be enough for our oil coolers!
Below link is the overall Rubber Bobbin page so you can see what they look like.

https://www.bearingandengineering.co...in+Mounts.html
BelgianDuc900SS likes this.

899Panigale,900ss(1996)YZ450FX. Previous:FZR1000EXUP,FZR400 F3 racebike,RZ50 “bucket racer”,D50 “bucket racer”,RD350YPVS,YB125.Go VR46!(And if Rossi doesn’t win, may it be Dovi)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode