Ducati "Hierarchy" - Page 13 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 124 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 7:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
-- I am getting older and can't really 'assume the position' for any length of time anymore.

The Diavel is a kick is kick in the pants fun and not Japanese. The Ducatista around here either hate it or ignore it but am too old to really care.
My little dig was not to besmirch another model as anything beloved by one has inherent value. It was more to the point of some not knowing what they want. BTW, these old bones don't assume a position for long either.

95/97 SS/Sp
XV250 "Betty" -the perfect city scoot

And Now.........WE RIDE! We are riding now, THIS moment!
-Rango
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 124 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 7:35 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce19 View Post
I have yet to see one on the streets here in CT.
I didn't see a Ducati on the roads in backwoods NC for twenty years! But then, rock and roll took about that long to filter in also.

95/97 SS/Sp
XV250 "Betty" -the perfect city scoot

And Now.........WE RIDE! We are riding now, THIS moment!
-Rango
post #123 of 124 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schred View Post
.....I would urge anyone with a well kept air cooled version of any vintage to hang on to it. Keep it in nice condition because the writing is on the wall and they will be a thing of the past.
Just look at the prices the 70's bikes are bringing. These bikes are HARD to come by so the next thing will be the bikes from the 80's and 90's .....
Not everything from Ducati is skyrocketing in value. Singles have leveled off, GTSs, Darmahs and parallel twins are holding their own and that's about it. Same thing with Pasos and '90s SSs. I'd say the formula is pretty simple, if there is a cache, if production was limited, they were popular in the day and they look good, value will go up. That describes the roundcase twins and early bevel SSs and hence the appreciation in value. To me, if the machine means something to you, keep it. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will appreciate in value.

'12 Monster 1100 EVO
'98 900 SS FE (#028)
'93 900 SS Superlight (#679)
'78 900 SS
'74 750 Sport

post #124 of 124 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 2:43 pm

I don't want my SS to appreciate. I want to ride it, and therefore want there to be a large supply of cheap spares for years to come!

The superbike guys don't like the SS because they paid so much more than we did for a bike that doesn't look as good and can't lose us in the twisters. I have a buddy who just traded his Multi for an 848. He likes my SS but wanted something new. I rode his 848 and decided I'm never selling my SS!

Current
'98 Triumph T-Bird Sport
'95 Ducati 900SP (US) #561
'74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Garage is full!

Gone but Greatly Missed
'95 Ducati 900SL (Euro) #003
'72 Honda CB350

Gone and Good Riddance!
'83 Kawi GPZ 750 Turbo

I centauri indisciplinati in servizio sulla strada!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode