Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Recommended Ducati Painter in Auckland

985 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  wobblyas 
#1 ·
Many thanks to those people who recommended I contact Mark at Kolorinn Kustoms to paint my bike. I asked a couple of the bike shops that we supply who they recommended in Auckland and after Mark's name popped up a couple of times I figured I should go and see him about painting my pride and joy. I popped in prior to Easter and had a chat with Mark.

I told Mark straight up that I am a fussy bastard and wasn't looking for a cheap job, but a job that I would be happy with every time I looked at the bike. Mark looked a bit offended, and after he showed me some of the work he was doing it was easy to see why. I suspect Mark only has one standard of work!

Mark scheduled my bike in and promised to contact me on the Monday after Easter. Sure enough he calls me on the Monday and I drop my fairings over for painting. He tells me that they will be ready on the following Friday, and sure enough he calls me on Friday to come and pick up the fairings. It shouldn't be, but it is a pleasant surprise when someone meets the time frames they quote you!

Anyway I picked up the fairings and the silver metalic finish is a perfect (and I mean perfect!) match with the original Ducati Gregorio Silver paint on my bike. I suspect that this is a particularly hard colour and finish to match.

First thing I did before I fitted the fairings back to the bike was to apply some of our 3M Venture Shield protective film on to the panels to keep them free from stone chips, etc. (Now that I have had some on the job training from an expert on how to apply this we are going to be offering it to our customers).

Anyway back to my recommendation, I can't recommend Mark highly enough.

Contact details:

Mark
Kolorinn Kustoms
kolorinnkustoms@hotmail.com
Ph 021 0417 735

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.