Finally got around to painting my motor cases. Pic 1.
I used VHT SP148 primer and VHT SP139 GM Satin Black paint. It has a nice satiny gloss finish without being overly bright.
I made the block-off covers that you see in the pic out of 1/8" thick masonite board. Rather than spend a month of Sundays taping and retaping the parts I used the covers to protect the machined surfaces on the cases and covers during both the bead blasting and painting processes. Pic 2.
Next up is curing the paint. A co-worker buddy of mine works part time at a local airport and graciously offered to bake the parts in an industrial oven that he uses for baking powder coated parts.
Made the mistake once of baking some brake calipers that I sprayed with VHT high temp ceramic paint in my kitchen oven. After about 20 minutes the whole house was filled with smoke,my eyes were burning,and I had every door and window open with fans blowing the smoke out.
Whole house stunk for almost week after that. Won't be making that mistake again.