Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Streetfighter frame in 1098?

607 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  flynbulldog 
#1 ·
I feel like this must've been asked a million times, but a search yielded no results.

I have a 1098, what's the extent of the work to swap for a Streetfighter frame?

Presumably, engine and swingarm mounting points are the same. Not sure about steering angle and bumpstops, or subframe mounting. Obviously no side tabs for the fairings, is there a headtube mounting point? rearset placement?

What am I missing?

#3 · (Edited)
Why would you want to do this?

Engine and swingarm mount are the same, The rearset mounts are the same but the rearsets are different so you'll need all of the hardware from the rearsets that you use. The SF swingarm is 35mm longer than the SBK. Steering head angle has 1.5 degrees more rake, forks and triples are different and damper mounts are different as well, and the forks and triples are different for the base model and the S from both bikes. The tank and all of the bodywork are different and none of it will swap without extensive modification (tank wont work at all). You will need the correct subframe for the body parts you want to use (sf for sf body or sbk for sbk body) . Basically not much is transferable between the two bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.