Best quickshifter for 848? - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2019, 8:33 pm Thread Starter

Best quickshifter for 848?

Hello,

I am curious if anyone knows what the best quickshifter would be for the 848? Specifically, is there that has easy install? I do have a PC5 and saw they offer one that is compatible with the PC5...

Thanks in advance...

2009 Ducati 848 Termi, K/N filter, PC5
2016 Ducati Xdiavel S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Garage
I have the DQS quickshifter and it is ok. Not great. Not horrible.

I have heard good things about Annitori.

Coop
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2019, 12:06 pm

I have the healtech on a GSXR and love it, I plan on getting one on my 996. What's cool about Healtech is the App, because you can tune the shifter out to your liking and bike. Also, they are like 320 bucks

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2019, 7:51 pm

What do you mean by "best"? They all do pretty much the same thing, cutting the fuel and/or ignition for a predetermined time, thereby unloading the gearbox. Most of them are tunable for how long you'd like that cut to be.

I had a Starlane Da Vinci dash on a previous Yoshi'd GSXR race bike, it came with the shift sensor so I used that rather than the Yoshi EMPRO, cutting ignition = fine.
Nemesis Q/S on a current 749R race bike, cutting fuel = fine
Dynojet PClll Q/S on a current 851/926 race bike, cutting fuel = fine.

One thing worth noting, the ignition (rather than fuel) cut results in decent "POP!" during changes, so can be an issue for noise testing if you head to the track.

To be honest the PClll pull sensor setup on the 926, with a default 60ms cut time feels smoother than the 50ms cut time on the 749R, so I'll be changing the Nemesis cut time when I get around to it. (but could be gearbox, or simply the extra hp/revs from the 749R) I had to download some software and enable the Q/S function on the PClll but your PCV is already enabled so it is literally plug and play. Note, there is a minimum RPM activation (4000rpm?) so you don't kill the engine if you bump the lever while trundling around a carpark or such like.

Spending more money won't buy you a better Q/S, you'll just be adding more complexity and doubling up on functionality you have already paid for, so just go with a Dynojet unit.

To rub salt into your wound, I just this week bought exactly what you want off Evilbay, 848 shift rod and pull sensor to adapt to my old '06 R1 road bike. Cost me $99US

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode