Microtec M197 Coil and Injector Problem - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2019, 7:15 am Thread Starter

Garage
Microtec M197 Coil and Injector Problem

Hi all,

I went to prep my bike for the upcoming track day and found it would not start. It appears that my Microtec M197 ECU has suddenly stopped sending an injector or coil signal. It's like that drive circuit, in the ECU, went bad. I purchased my Microtec ECU new from the Ducshop so I know its history and it was working just fine during my last track day last month. When I hook the Microtec software to the bike and attempt to test the injectors and coils I get nothing. I am using a noid light to detect the signal to the coils and listening for the "click" when testing the injectors. Neither test yields a success. If I swap out the Microtech for the factory ECU and use another diagnostic software to test the injectors and coils, both tests work as expected and the bike starts and runs without issue. Has anyone had their Microtec M197 shoot craps like this?

Thanks in advance,
Chad

Ducati 999/1198 Frankenduc race bike | 2004 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory | 2005 MV Agusta F4 Tamburini #254

Last edited by chad951; Jun 26th, 2019 at 7:31 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2019, 7:46 am Thread Starter

Garage
So I just heard back from Mark, at the Ducshop, it appears that a poor ground can cause damage to the coil and injector drive circuit in the Microtech M197 ECUs. Mark recommends adding a supplemental ground wire to the chassis to ensure the ground is solid because the Microtech's are so sensitive to poor grounds. Apparently, Microtech will fix it for free but the ECU must be sent back to Microtech for repair. Mark has seen this in something like 10 out of 300 units. I hope this info helps someone else.

Ducati 999/1198 Frankenduc race bike | 2004 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory | 2005 MV Agusta F4 Tamburini #254
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode