Bike died and now doesnt run right - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2019, 6:52 pm Thread Starter

Bike died and now doesnt run right

Long story but the other day I was riding the hour to work and the bike ran perfect. Stopped about 3 miles short of work for gas and the bike wouldn't turn over again, had a buddy come jump the bike and it started right up. About a mile from work I lost serious power and the bike sounded like I only had one piston, came to a stop and it shut off completely.

Towed to the nearest shop (not a specific bike shop) and they found that the stator wires has fused and drained the battery. New wires and I'm back on the road.

Now the bike is not running right. It sounds different, not nearly as deep, and there is a lot more vibration by my right foot and knee and I have serious power loss. It began to bog when I'd get on the throttle but then stop. Got high on the rpms in 6th riding again but then this morning it struggled to go past 130.

I have an appointment for the timing chain in 3 weeks, wish it was sooner but I sould like to try to fix this issue if possible so I can still ride until then.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2019, 8:08 pm

Garage
So first things first, you don't have a timing chain. You have timing belts. If it is past time to get them done, don't put them off any longer.

The issue with your stator could have caused some issues with other electrical or electronic components. Some other wiring could have been damaged and now you have a short. You need to get the bike to a competent mechanic as soon as humanely possible.

There could be damage to the ECU or the harness or sensor(s) causing you the problems you think you have, but also causing others you haven't even thought about. All I got man.........sean

Quote:
My garage: Twins:2000.5 Mille R, 2000 996, 1994 EX500 basket case 1993 900SS. Suzukis: 2004 GSXR600, 1992 GSXR750 oil boiler, 1983 XN-85 Turbo
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2019, 8:49 pm Thread Starter

I was thinking it may be along that line but I really dont know enough yet to say. Thanks though.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2019, 10:23 pm

Where are you located?
The forum might be able to recommend a good local shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

999R - cult bike!
900SS - 1995
748LE - sold :-(, but looking
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2019, 11:42 am Thread Starter

I'm near Reno NV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode