Time to revive the look of my 1098S - Page 10 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 134 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 9:18 am
Prolific Poster Award

Wow. From questionable taste in bike graphics to slagging people off to which model is the best to a posters odd cohabitation habits (your all just jealous)to electric bikes. NOW were talking real thread jacking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 134 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 1:29 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetPVD View Post
That's the Lightning, a seriously fast bike. They use Autodesk design tools at Lightning, and when I worked there (at Autodesk) I did a Generatively Designed Swingarm for it... A fraction of the weight of the original and about 1.5x stronger.

The one I am talking about and photo posted of is named the "STRIKE".
post #93 of 134 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 6:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiesAngeles View Post
A new Electric bike that just got unveiled in the last week of March.
150MPH
35 minute charge time.
Their initial announcement made it sound like you got the highest speed, the best range and the lowest price all at once. I got excited and thought maybe the electric bike industry finally got it's game changer. I was wrong. They finally came clean about the levels and the prices. You want all the good stuff it's $20K.

Gonna stick with internal combustion until they make it illegal.

post #94 of 134 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 7:52 pm
Prolific Poster Award

Think of all the polar bears that your going to kill with that infernal combustion engine.
post #95 of 134 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 6:25 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer View Post
Think of all the polar bears that your going to kill with that infernal combustion engine.
Who cares? I spend half the year in Australia anyhow.
xracer likes this.
post #96 of 134 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 6:27 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
Their initial announcement made it sound like you got the highest speed, the best range and the lowest price all at once. I got excited and thought maybe the electric bike industry finally got it's game changer. I was wrong. They finally came clean about the levels and the prices. You want all the good stuff it's $20K.

Gonna stick with internal combustion until they make it illegal.

Trying to work a test drive.

Still might be with the 20K (For me)
post #97 of 134 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2019, 8:08 pm
Prolific Poster Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiesAngeles View Post
Who cares? I spend half the year in Australia anyhow.
Why punish yourself. Live here.
What brings you here? Where do you stay? What time of year and what do you think of the place?
post #98 of 134 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 5:50 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer View Post
It comes down to chemistry. The conversation of hydrocarbons to heat is quick, easy and in the small amounts used in a cylinder, can be cooled rather quickly. The conversation of hydrocarbon fuels produce a LOT of energy for their weight. Battery dont and cant produce this fast conversion (and quite possibly never will). Heat is the killer in their chemistry. The energy cycle to produce a battery compared to refining crude to petroleum I have no idea about but I guess its a hell of a lot more when you see how much poke a two kilo battery can produce compared to 2kg of fuel. I understand that a battery can be charged more than once, but that recharge energy has to come from something and somewhere.
Most commonly from coal fired power stations..... even if the country has renewables they would be lucky to contribute bugger all, the US claim they contribute 16.9% which is impressive for its size and consumption but really, not that significant overall when the whole worlds average is looked at (33% apparently...)

ahh the hypocrisy, not so much with new electric bikes but definitely with plug in electric car owners, dickheads with Teslas are the worst. If owners of electric vehicles want to drive them and charge them, they get a registration discount for their zero emissions but they're not really are they, after all, the fossil fuel that provides 66% of their charge has a significant carbon footprint but they get a pass on that.... Maybe their dedicated charge stations could have their own dedicated renewable supply network (not really feasible but a good idea....) and charge per KWh at the appropriate rate for their dedicated network and cost to provide the renewable electricity...
wonder how popular their tree hugging hippie crap would be then? i'm going to burn some petrol and kill some endangered species with my CO output.
xracer and LiesAngeles like this.
post #99 of 134 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 6:18 am
Supermoderator - Im special!

Garage
Are you all playing nice?

Because Ill discipline you all over my knee if youre making a racket in here!
Namor and LiesAngeles like this.

2010 Multistrada 1200s - engine mapped by tomtom, hlins mechatronics SCU and alot of mods to make up for poor skills
post #100 of 134 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2019, 7:26 am
Prolific Poster Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by amullo View Post
Are you all playing nice?

Because Ill discipline you all over my knee if youre making a racket in here!
Yes dad.
LiesAngeles likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode