V4 Naked / Streetfighter - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 1:29 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,178
V4 Naked / Streetfighter

Oh man do I wish Ducati would do one like that, really don't want to have to build one.....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v4.jpg
Views:	16247
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	884569  


www.Shift-Tech-Carbon.com

Shift-Tech-Carbon Performance- High Quality Carbon Products!
Shift-Tech is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 3:36 pm
Senior Member
 
jusutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 20300, Turku, Finland
Posts: 1,100
Garage
Why not just get a Tuono then...

flynbulldog and DaveK like this.

999S '06 "Isabella"
jusutus is offline  
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 3:40 pm
Senior Member
 
Namor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas, Texas,
Posts: 3,492
Give it another year.

97 916/996 "The Time Machine"
Namor is offline  
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 3:49 pm
Senior Member
 
DarR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Ontario, CANADA, ,
Posts: 623
Garage
@Shift-Tech
The V4's reason-d'etre was to increase HP and to compete in WSBK.
Torque is the name of the game on the street.
I would much prefer a 190hp, 105ft-lb torque 1299 V2 StreetFighter comeback with all the modern wiz-bangs. Bring it on!

1299 V2 vs V4: Torque and HP comparison
Ricko likes this.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak All purpose fun
2016 Monster 1200 R Rambunctious fun

Last edited by DarR; Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:02 pm.
DarR is online now  
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 4:09 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hollywood, Florida, USA
Posts: 3,178
[QUOTE=jusutus;6696945]Why not just get a Tuono then...
Because I won't ride anything else then a Ducati.
Satansfist and A1evilboy like this.


www.Shift-Tech-Carbon.com

Shift-Tech-Carbon Performance- High Quality Carbon Products!
Shift-Tech is offline  
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 5:48 pm
Prolific Poster Award
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: melbourne, victoria, australia
Posts: 4,331
Are Ducati loosing their way in cutting edge design. Have they dumbed themselves down by building bikes that seem to more akin to Japanese/Korean cookie-cutters. Look at Audi/BMW/Benz, beautiful, elegant and more importantly, different from each other. On saying that, to each their own.
Rosso Classico likes this.
xracer is offline  
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 8:02 pm
Bon Vivant
 
flynbulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Summerfield, NC, USA
Posts: 10,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by xracer View Post
Are Ducati loosing their way in cutting edge design. Have they dumbed themselves down by building bikes that seem to more akin to Japanese/Korean cookie-cutters. Look at Audi/BMW/Benz, beautiful, elegant and more importantly, different from each other. On saying that, to each their own.
Every year the new Ducati bikes come out and people scream: "IT LOOKS JAPANESE!" Ducati is building bikes for novices, for girls, for cruisers guys, for touring/commuting, and certainly they are building racing bikes. What they dont have is a street oriented hyper performance bike to compete with the Tuono, the BMW S1000R, or the KTM superduke. Yeah the M 1200R is close but not quite. Too bad, they led the way with the streetfighter but it needed a little refinement - rather than refine it they dropped it. I dont think a screamer motor like the 1299 Pani or the new V4 are the ideal choice for new Streetfighter. I'm not sure what they are going to do in that segment but for now I guess they are going to ignore it. But in my eyes none of them look Japanese...



Sherpa23F likes this.

Vintagedesmo.com

looking for '76 -'81 900 SS bevel, any condition Link to all of my bikes and builds: *Click!*
flynbulldog is offline  
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 9:04 pm
Senior Member
 
DarR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Ontario, CANADA, ,
Posts: 623
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynbulldog View Post
What they dont have is a street oriented hyper performance bike to compete with the Tuono, the BMW S1000R, or the KTM superduke. Yeah the M 1200R is close but not quite. Too bad, they led the way with the streetfighter but it needed a little refinement - rather than refine it they dropped it. I dont think a screamer motor like the 1299 Pani or the new V4 are the ideal choice for new Streetfighter.
Interesting closing comment about engine choices for a hypothetical future StreetFighter.
V4 may be expensive IMO but why not leverage existing production with the 1299 engine?
Seems perfect with it's mid-range grunt and top end power without having to spin at ludicrous rpm's.

Had there been a big StreetFighter in 2016, I would have purchased it.
However, I got played like a fiddle by Ducati and had to purchase two bikes instead of "the one" SF.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak All purpose fun
2016 Monster 1200 R Rambunctious fun

Last edited by DarR; Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:22 pm.
DarR is online now  
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 9:21 pm
Prolific Poster Award
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: melbourne, victoria, australia
Posts: 4,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynbulldog View Post
Every year the new Ducati bikes come out and people scream: "IT LOOKS JAPANESE!" Ducati is building bikes for novices, for girls, for cruisers guys, for touring/commuting, and certainly they are building racing bikes. What they dont have is a street oriented hyper performance bike to compete with the Tuono, the BMW S1000R, or the KTM superduke. Yeah the M 1200R is close but not quite. Too bad, they led the way with the streetfighter but it needed a little refinement - rather than refine it they dropped it. I dont think a screamer motor like the 1299 Pani or the new V4 are the ideal choice for new Streetfighter. I'm not sure what they are going to do in that segment but for now I guess they are going to ignore it. But in my eyes none of them look Japanese...


You need to quantify what ‘close but not quite’ is. I think the m1200 is a brilliant machine. More then enough of everything. It may not be ‘streetfighter’ styling but that’s a personal taste thing.
Monster4Lee likes this.
xracer is offline  
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2018, 11:24 pm
Bon Vivant
 
flynbulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Summerfield, NC, USA
Posts: 10,100
I agree it's a brilliant bike, but it doesnt have the performance levels of the top hyper-nakeds right now (nothing to do with looks) it's a fantastic bike but it doesnt quite slip into the same class as the SF, Tuono, superduke and S1000R.

Vintagedesmo.com

looking for '76 -'81 900 SS bevel, any condition Link to all of my bikes and builds: *Click!*
flynbulldog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SARGENT World Sport Seat: Streetfighter - Black Welt moto Vendor Deals 0 May 30th, 2016 9:53 pm
RIZOMA Water Pump Engine Guards: Streetfighter / Streetfighter 848 / MS1200 moto Vendor Deals 0 May 13th, 2016 3:08 pm
RIZOMA Ducati Streetfighter Parts - Price Reduction moto Vendor Deals 2 Jan 22nd, 2016 2:21 am

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome