Quick disconnect fuel fitting replacement. - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2009, 3:54 pm Thread Starter

Quick disconnect fuel fitting replacement.

I broke the damn fitting under the tank and bought a new one from FBF. Well hot damn, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get the new fitting on the fuel line. Clearly there is a trick to getting this done that I don't know about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

'00 Hayabusa GSX-1300R
Probably the only one in the world 100% stock.

'93 300ZX Twin Turbo.
Fully built and nearly done!

'06 Civic EX
Daily driver 35mpg, baby!

'09.5 Ram 2500 CTD
Toy Hauler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2009, 10:23 pm

I ran into the same problem when I switched the fuel pump in my 748. After about two hours of chasing my ass around it, I finally just took the bike up to DucShop (about 2 miles away). I don't know how Lorin did it, but he did. You may be able to give them a call for some pointers.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2009, 10:41 am

Please let us know the "trick" when you find out.

Thanks!

2000 996 SPS #1203

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2009, 8:01 pm

I have done the same and looked everywhere for cheaper fittings in metal. Anyhow what fuel line part are you talking about? If it is the part that screws into the fuel pump plate then what you need to do is depress the metal nipple on the top of the fitting and slide the metal plate off, But be careful as there is a spring under the nipple. once out and out of the way you should just be able to use a socket and screw it in.
Hope this helps, don't have pictures sorry
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2009, 1:43 pm

Did anyone figure this out as I am in the middle of this project. I tried heating the fitting and hose with hot water and that didn't work. The problem is the stiff white tube inside the soft black one.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2009, 7:18 pm

This is what I did. I left the plastic female fittings in the tank, replaced the two male ones with metal ones. Replaced the hoses with regular fuel injection line (be sure the hose is metric). The original plastic male connectors were of different diameter then the two into one connector down line, so make sure you buy the male fittings that are the same size as the two into one fitting (with the original shrink hose, it works with the two different size fittings, this won't work with fuel injection hose). I wouldn't mess with the original hose, it's easy to replace the entire assembly from the two male fittings to the fitting they go into.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode