Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Trackday Picture Thread

518K views 1K replies 535 participants last post by  fps13 
#1 ·
I was hoping we could start a trackday/race picture thread like the superbike picture thread. I am curious to see what some of your bikes look like in race track trim or street trim on a track. I am hoping to get some track bodywork for my 999 and I figured a thread like this could be good inspiration and eye candy for anyone interested in trackdays. Maybe if this thread takes off we could sticky it?

Thanks,

Nick

#4 ·
Here's one from me then (that's from the 6h endurance race last August, we finished 2nd in the Twins class):

Here in the pits before the race:

After the race :rolleyes::

And another one (Northern Greece Cup, Race 5):

And last one from last summer's track day:

Well ? :think:

Reactions: com5894
#7 ·
That's a racing (no side stand, no lights, closed belly pan) body kit I got via eBay from France. It's actually for the '03-'04 bikes but it was almost half the price of the '05-'06 bodykit and it fitted with no problems at all (just had to make new holes to the screen because the newer style had the holes differently, very easy to do). And the only difference are the front air ducts, 2 for the newer vs 4 for the earlier model (I like the earlier style better too :))
As for the tail, I got it from Germany, it's identical to the DP part but almost half the price. All the parts are fiberglass.

#13 ·
Nikos, the rear shot is cool :cool:
Thanks Ben, I like that shot too :D. It might not be visible, but I was actually struggling for grip at the time :rolleyes:, was testing my entry/exit line in those couple of corners and I was going on the "dirty" part of the track for a couple of laps :crazy:.

Go with Shark skins Body work. I have seen the rest but the best is SharkSkins.
A bit pricey but for a reason. They crash great, paint great and fit great!
If I'm not wrong you got BrakeTech's rotors in the front, right ? What calipers+pads are you running ? The rotors are Iron or SS ? How do you like the setup you have ? (I have recently installed the BrakeTech Iron rotors and used the XRAC pads in the endurance race. Will test the CP211's soon).

BTW great pics Christian :)

#15 ·
This was with my 998R (street bike#132/700) she´s like new with only about 4000kilometers, with very few mods and i don´t want to take her out again for the track... I only ride it 2Trackdays... and then i changed back to the original carbon farings!

This fiber farings where inspired in one of the bikes from MOTOCORSE

Some pictures i have of a couple of Trackdays...

Some months ago i have found another 998R(#516/700), and now i´m building this one only for track... i didn´t tried it yet, i´m finishing the engine with high comp pistons from Pistal Racing... this one have more work in mods!

This fiber farings where inspired in one of the bikes from MONSTERMOB UK

#21 · (Edited)
Wearing her street clothes, at Hallett Motorsports Park near Tulsa, OK on 9/7/08. My first track day. My form needs a little work, and my knee puck velcro on my pants needs to be moved lower on my leg...

Doing some 'outside only' passing:

Here's a guy having not-so-much fun right in front of me:

#22 ·
Me on my 748 and when I borrowed Troy's bike!:D

Yeah right...haha... but that is me on my 748 a while ago, buy my new track tool is a gsxr now! :(

#26 ·
Here's the catch with fiberglass.

You don't want hard stuff, its too brittle. The stuff you want is similar to shark skinz, which is a bit more flexible. I'm always shocked how flexible the shark skinz are, compared with E-racings or DP for example. I have a friend with DP fairings and its hard to stretch them onto his bike, he couldn't use extended frame sliders because the fairing simply wouldn't stretch.

As somebody else pointed out in a previous post, shark skins are pricey because they're the best. If you don't need or want the best, save money, get the E-Racings, they're STUPID cheap and for the price of 1 set of shark skins you can get two! This way, when you crash, you've got a spare set waiting! Its what I'm gonna end up doing...