Group Buy 27mm triples for 748 916 996 998 749 999 - Page 2 - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2008, 3:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmm600 View Post
tye, mbevans, c911 just wondering what you guys think of Jason's triples and the 27mm offset thing? superquick turnin without loss of stabiliity?

i know it's possible and anyone who's ridden a cagiva mito will know, it's possible to have lightening turn in without sacrificing stability and it has to be more than the super light weight thing.
I have his 27mm offset on my 999R. Yes, super quick turn-in, AND super stable.

The only thing, although minor, is that the bottom triple clamps are not radiused, potentially causing stress points on your forks. I actually took a file to mine to soften the edges

2006 999R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2008, 3:50 am

anyone else care to attest to the handling benefits offered by these triples?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

'08 Duc 1098s,'08 Husqvarna SM610ie

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2008, 9:03 am

Anyone know if the offset triples by "Nichols" will fit a 06 749 with Showa forks. They have them in stock and I'm trying to get offsets on my bike this season. No one seems to have any specific for my bike in stock, although there are a couple of manufacturers stating they will be in production soon (not for this riding season). Anyone have any suggestions?

2006 Ducati 749S

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2008, 3:04 pm

If you are a track rider or racer, this is probably one of the best investments you can buy. The bike will steer muck quicker with less effort. You will be surprised how little effort is required to steer the bike. After a 20 min session of hard ridding, you will be glad you have them!

These triples are confidence inspiring. If you can't tell I love my triples from Jason. Next step is to have him do my showa forks with ohlins valves.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2008, 3:02 pm

Lightbulb

I'm interested too, sent email too a couple of weeks ago. Still waiting

N3R Team #166

DP: Full Termi 57mm+filter+ecu, belt rollers, racing seat, monoposto tail, rear hugger, rear sprocket, ram-air covers, keyguard, carbon fuel cap, titanium reservoir covers, billet clutch & sprocket covers, monoposto subframe, MBP collets,STM: 48T clutch basket & plates, clutch slave cylinder, Suter Racing slipper clutch, Öhlins: forks+shock+steering damper, BrakeTech iron rotors f/r, R&G sliders f/r, ValterMoto rear axle sliders, SpeedyMoto: under-body sliders & water pump cover, Samco hoses, AFAM X-ring chain, Fabbri screen, Evoluzione throttle, PT levers, Marchesini forged mag rims, Woodcraft clipons, ProGrip's, FrenTubo kevlar lines f/r, Rider's Racing rear caliper bracket
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_P View Post
Sure, much quicker turn-in, eliminates the feel that you sometimes get that you're having to strong arm your bike to get it to drop into a corner. Only downside I've seen so far is that when the front end gets light on an uphill crest on hard acceleration, the non-adjustable stock steering damper on my 749S is not doing enough to keep the bars from doing a bit too much wiggle for my taste. I'll be getting an adjustable steering damper soon. But definitely recommend a 27mm offset triple clamp.

'05 749S-Track bike-Full Termi 54mm exhaust, Ohlins UES kit, Ohlins spring, 27mm Ducshop triple clamp, +3 rear sprocket, 520 Chain, CC clutch cover, lightened flywheel, DP Light Cam belt rollers, DP Fairing Stay, Evoluzione Throttle Control, Gilles rearsets, Pazzo levers, frame/ axle sliders, Sharkskinz, carbon hugger
'04 Monster 1000S-Arrow hi carbon slip-ons, DP Lightweight Flywheel, +4 rear sprocket, 520 chain, CC DRS-43 rear sets, CC clutch cover, carbon bits
'14 MV Agusta Rivale ABS
'08 MV Agusta F4R-312-Sold
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2008, 8:03 pm
wishes it was summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_P View Post
As others have noted, the bike will steer much easier with the offset triples and 23.5 deg rake while being super stable. I thought my 748 with magnesium wheels steered fast with the OEM offset until I rode my 749R with the 23.5 deg rake and offset triple.

The only downside IMO, is the bike flicks over too quick for my taste on the street. Makes the bike feel a little bit twitchy at the pace you can safely ride on the street/twisties.

-Carlo
2004 749R #283
2001 748/853...gone but not forgotten
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2008, 12:13 pm

When you use 27mm triple clamp on 998, is it oblige to have an extended swing arm ? Or the bike is stable ( less, more or equal???) with OEM swingarm ?

Panigale Stocksport race bike
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2008, 12:36 pm
Banned

The 27mm offset and 23.5 deg rake will make the bike's front end, perform like its suppose to. Ducati doesn't use this offset naturally because it does tend to be a bit on the quick-turning side for around-town use. I'm sure there focus when designing the street model was more towards slow stability, less high-speed.

These offset's produce a quicker steering bike. I noticed it right away, after installing them, though I already had magnesium wheels on my bike. You do loose some stability with the 27mm offset's, but the benefits outweigh the consequences. The missing stability is mainly on exiting corners and getting the power down, the wheel base is just not there. To compensate for that, you just need to make the eccentric as long as you can, to try and stretch out what you've already got. Of course, getting the 19mm longer magnesium swing arm, is an option, but its expensive and the difference would probably be pretty negligible to us mere mortals.

If you plan on buying the 27mm's for street use, I'd think hard about it. The bike really has less stability when going slow. I had to turn my steering locks in a ton to compensate for this, otherwise, the front wheel could easily go from lock to lock on its own when going slow. On the track, they're a lifesaver and truly worth the price of admission.

Just to let you know, you've gotta follow Jason's setup guide when you get these. Following his book will fix so many issues with you're bike, but you've really gotta be willing to put some serious time into tuning. Throwing them on and riding, isn't gonna work.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 2008, 1:10 pm

Yes, it's only for track use. Ok, my bike turn easier with less stability but i' will no make drift after each corner...

Panigale Stocksport race bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode