Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/)
-   Superbikes (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/)
-   -   924S Continuous build (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/181545-924s-continuous-build.html)

Jyrki Mar 12th, 2013 12:33 pm

924S Continuous build

I'll start this now and post up more details about past mods and improvements later on, but the reason why I start this now is that my carbon tank has been repaired and is ready for the paint.

Same tank in ebay

So I'm going for red of course and some exposed carbon and maybe some white too. Ideas? Renders?

TomTom Mar 12th, 2013 12:35 pm

Ideas? Its good to see another nutter having at it :)

Slickbass Mar 13th, 2013 2:44 am

I have been looking at the same tank for my 999.

Maybe the tank will look good painted red with a broad white stripe down the centre with two thinner white stripes either side of the broad stripe. Then leave the gap between the stripes as exposed carbon.

Anyhow please post pics of the tank when on the bike as I would like to see how it looks.

Jyrki Mar 13th, 2013 10:55 am

I weighted the tank when I got it and it was 1,9 kilos :O I weighted the OEM tank once and it was roughly 6 kilos. Massive save IMO and in my case(got it for good price, cos it was damaged) the bang for the buck is quite high. In flesh it looked quite good, but you never know until it's fitted on your bike.

Jyrki Mar 13th, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm going to install the 749R cams that I purchased from a forum member couple of years ago. I'll probably contact Chris Steedman for some pointers, but if anyone here wants to throw some suggestions on cam timing etc I would be glad to hear them.

TomTom Mar 13th, 2013 4:51 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyrki (Post 1813097)
I'm going to install the 749R cams that I purchased from a forum member couple of years ago. I'll probably contact Chris Steedman for some pointers, but if anyone here wants to throw some suggestions on cam timing etc I would be glad to hear them.

Ive put them into two 999's, probably got some info useful.

Jyrki Mar 13th, 2013 4:58 pm

Good to know. Now that another trip to the dyno is a must, do you think re-flashing the ecu would do any good or should I continue with the OEM + pcIII? Is the flashed ecu programmable with some software so that we could tune using only it or do you only flash the ecu and then fine tune with pcIII?

ZDM Mar 13th, 2013 7:10 pm

How about a 999/1038 kitted engine, sell you 749/924 kitted engine. Swap! Some owner would love to have that 924 motor-unless your attached to it...:D

Jyrki Mar 14th, 2013 12:59 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZDM (Post 1814009)
How about a 999/1038 kitted engine, sell you 749/924 kitted engine. Swap! Some owner would love to have that 924 motor-unless your attached to it...:D

I think we have special relationship. I still remember that moment when I was in 6th gear WOT and I felt this small hickup from the engine. That was the end for the cylinders and pistons. Also emptied my wallet quite effectively ;)

I'm not sure how much money the bike is worth because ppl are always worried about tuned engines since they don't know it's past. So I'm quite skeptical about selling it for any reasonable price. Therefore the bike's a keeper and if the engine would go some day then it's 1198R engine in it for sure. So many other goodies in the bike that need to be used :)

Jyrki May 7th, 2013 2:10 pm

Bike is getting assembled, but I need some info. I have the magnesium Marchesinis now so what kind of sprockets fit the new wheel? I have brand new 520 Renthal chain waiting, so I need the rear sprocket that fits the bill.