Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/)
-   Superbikes (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/)
-   -   924S Continuous build (https://www.ducati.ms/forums/56-superbikes/181545-924s-continuous-build.html)

vtwin Jun 30th, 2014 1:44 am

Nice! On the STM, you'll need STM plates (more expensive, harder to find). I think.

On the Ducati slipper, regular plates from any Mfg will do. (I use Ducatis own alu-plates). Cheaper. You can re-use the steel discs if necessary.

If you go with the ducati slipper, make sure you have spare spider springs. They tend to break. It will not stop your journey, but slipper action won't work.

Jyrki Jun 30th, 2014 3:37 am

So with 350 without plates the DP one is quite a steal? Don't really care how it looks like, since I'm gona put a full carbon cover on it to protect it from rain.

vtwin Jun 30th, 2014 6:58 am

Yes I would say so.

The plates I use are OEM 749R alu plates, part# 19020121A . Seems to be 176 EUR at Stein Dinse, though currently out of stock.

I have an open cover and stainless springs, so no rust. although it would only be a cosmetic fault..

Pic of a broken spider spring.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1...717_170800.jpg

Jyrki Jun 30th, 2014 9:07 am

Well apparently I have air in the clutch, since it's not working properly now. Clutch lever has almost zero resistance and the clutch only moves like one mm or less when I pull the lever. Took the springs off and brushed them with a wire brush, but obviously that did zero to help the issue. Got to bleed the clutch on the street without a stand, since I would like to participate on that wednesday's track day organized by Ducati Finland.

Jyrki Aug 11th, 2014 3:06 pm

Some guy tipped the bike over with his car, so once again it's under construction. Last time same thing happened 3 years ago. This bike must have some kind of curse over it :D

Jyrki Jun 28th, 2015 2:16 pm

Bike is up and running again. While replacing all the parts that were affected by the spill I added some small goodies.

Evotech slipper clutch.
Evotech tail tidy (brake light and indicators).
Fabbri clear racing screen.
Titax levers.

Slipper clutch is really nice and I dare to say it is also improvement for the street. It just works. I ordered full carbon cover for the clutch because I usually keep my bike in the street, so I gets some rain on it occasionally and open cover leads to rust on the plates. The rear setup looks good and light. The licence plate is what it is, but at least the lights are now nimble and nice. Fabbri screen looks good and works even better. With tinted visor in my helmet it was a small pain in the ass when you had tinted screen on your bike. Wind protection is good. Levers are quite generic, but I believe they should be high quality and reputable seller makes me sleep well during nights. I'll add some photos later.

jusutus Jun 28th, 2015 4:57 pm

Any pictures of the bike? ;)

Jyrki Aug 1st, 2015 1:15 pm

Doing a 2 day track weekend and I ran into some misfiring issues late in the afternoon. Bike worked fine before it but then the EOBD light started flicking and after a while it started randomly misfire. Any tricks that I could try out here without doing any major fixings? Error code was 10.2 which (if I recall correctly) is horizontal coil etc.

Did some videos so when I have better connection I'll post some up.

TomTom Aug 3rd, 2015 9:57 am

Try grounding the middle pin of the diagnostics connector. If the ecu internal ground is a gonner this will replace it as far as the error system is concerned and CEL will go away. Meaning if you do this and the CEL goes away its the ecu.

Jyrki Aug 3rd, 2015 10:41 am

Thanks for the tip. I'll pass the info to my mech as I dropped the bike to him yesterday evening. Saying that I guess it is obvious that it didn't miraculously cure itself over the night :D