Yet another EPROM question - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2007, 3:33 pm Thread Starter

Yet another EPROM question

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything that answers my question when I searched, so........I was looking into a few cheap parts for my bike (97 916) and I was checking out FBF and their EPROM chip. So the question is, is this part really worth it? Cause I'm pretty sure they don't make any kind of power commander for my bike cause I've looked for one before. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2007, 4:29 pm

They don't list a PCIII for the 916, but surely the 748 one would work, just have it mapped at your local dyno.

Having said that, I have a FIM chip and a PCIII and there are arguments to fit both - the PCIII only does fuelling adjustments but is easier to find someone to tune, (and it enables you to fit a quickshifter), but the chip is at least capable of altering timing/rev limiter as well.

1992 907ie
1994 900SL MkIII
1953 Cucciolo
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2007, 6:20 pm Thread Starter

Yeah I still haven't decided what to go with yet, but I did find a power commander from FBF that says works with the 916 so I might go with that.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2007, 9:33 pm

I don't know about the PC III...do not have any experience with em on a Duc. If you can find someone who has the equipment and is good at programming an FIM chip...it is a great way to go. It's the setup I have and I'm extemely happy with the guy who did the work in tuning mine.

2000 996

2003... 2008...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2007, 11:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Bob
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything that answers my question when I searched, so........I was looking into a few cheap parts for my bike (97 916) and I was checking out FBF and their EPROM chip. So the question is, is this part really worth it? Cause I'm pretty sure they don't make any kind of power commander for my bike cause I've looked for one before. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Does your bike have the 1.6M computer? or the P8?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode